Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a creaking noise that is tough to find, I hear it coming from the trunk area of the car, seems to be noticeable when turning. After I park the car and try to find it, I shake the car, bounce it everything possible, nothing it wont happen.:confused:
sounds like it could be anything, I even emptied everything out back there and I still get it. I fold the seat forward and of course its louder, but I just cant seem to pin point it:confused: This is for my 2013 elantra GLS.

·
Registered
128 Posts
+1 to the Pano Sunroof, have the same creaking when going over uneven roads or small curbs/speedbumps. Havn't gotten it taken care of yet..don't really want to have my entire headliner ripped apart and in the shop for a few days..I can live with it for now

·
Registered
681 Posts
+1 to the Pano Sunroof, have the same creaking when going over uneven roads or small curbs/speedbumps. Havn't gotten it taken care of yet..don't really want to have my entire headliner ripped apart and in the shop for a few days..I can live with it for now
I'm in the same boat. Just have to get around to having the work done.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have that too, and pano roof. It sounds like back but who knows.
Most noticable in parking garages when car goes sideways into the turn down the ramp.

I have service soon and I will ask about that.
I do have uhaul hitch installed and I bet they will bitch about that.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I don't have a sunroof. I have a "tock-tock" sound that seems to come from the back left area when hitting bumps. It is intermittent, some days I hear it, some days I don't. I thought it might come from some of the stuff I keep in the spare storage area (spare wipers, compressor, sealant can...). It may also be the rear seat locking mechanism or the seatbelts hitting the plastic panel. Well, each time I try something the noise goes away and never comes back until a few weeks...

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Suspension issue maybe. If you can easily replicate take to dealer. If not then do a good visual inspection to see if anything looks out of place. Maybe a shock oil seeping out or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts