Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Just wandering if any one else has had the same annoying noise comming from your AD 2.0L Elantra .Mine seems to be cold weather orientated .
Driving to work this winter every week day turning right at the same streets I get a creeking sound from front to middle right side under the car..I had my 24 months service last week and they thought it was my front left shock absorber under load so they rebooked it back in and yesterday replaced it .Mmmm Still there this morning at 9 degrees.. problem is it has to be below about 14 degrees Celcius for it to be heard. Its not there in the afternoons when the temp is around 20 and above as yesterday when I had the Hyundai mechanic pick me up in my car from work for its delivery..I originally thought front right shocky at fault but then again it could be engine mount ,steering arms anything , I dont know..I've only done 23,000 Kilometers so far and its annoying me ..any thoughts would be appreciated.P.S it doesnt make any sounds any other time only in cold early mornings.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Hi Guys, Just wandering if any one else has had the same annoying noise comming from your AD 2.0L Elantra .Mine seems to be cold weather orientated .
Driving to work this winter every week day turning right at the same streets I get a creeking sound from front to middle right side under the car..I had my 24 months service last week and they thought it was my front left shock absorber under load so they rebooked it back in and yesterday replaced it .Mmmm Still there this morning at 9 degrees.. problem is it has to be below about 14 degrees Celcius for it to be heard. Its not there in the afternoons when the temp is around 20 and above as yesterday when I had the Hyundai mechanic pick me up in my car from work for its delivery..I originally thought front right shocky at fault but then again it could be engine mount ,steering arms anything , I dont know..I've only done 23,000 Kilometers so far and its annoying me ..any thoughts would be appreciated.P.S it doesnt make any sounds any other time only in cold early mornings.
Probably a bushing maybe the sway bar link.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pretty sure I hear the same noise. Definitely more audible in colder weather. Had it in to the dealer a couple of times, they havent been able to identify the cause yet

·
Registered
50 Posts
Pretty sure I hear the same noise. Definitely more audible in colder weather. Had it in to the dealer a couple of times, they havent been able to identify the cause yet
Have had this issue since day one with this car 22,000mi and 4 visits to the dealer for the noise later it's still there and no fix.. I've learned to ignore it. But it's right hand turns over bumpy pavement or bumps every time and more noticeable in colder weather.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had the car back in the dealership and serviced because I had an old friend who's a diagnostic Mechanical technician who took it for a drive early last Saturday morning and he heard it and thought it was Sub frame orientated.

Well it went up on the hoist last Tuesday at Hyundai and had everything retightened as though it was first service.. Drove it to work Wednesday morning and it was still there..

Fths24 your spot on.. right hand turns over bumpy pavement or bumps every time and in my case only in colder weather. I've driven the car up and back a few hundred Kilometers to family members homes over the last two weekends and it isn't there on warm roads and warm car...

My friend the master mechanic said it disappeared after 20 minutes of driving last weekend over the same roads .

Logically only thing that changes with heat is metal expands and rubber softens .. I'm thinking its possibly exhaust orientated.. the rubber supports soften with warmth and exhaust systems lower themselves away from chassis by a few milimetes. I'm thinking of changing the rubber supports ,only a few dollars each and experimenting to see if it disappears .If the rubbers are hard from age like our tyres after 2 years of age the AD models exhaust might get noisy until heat warms them up...... It's a theory anyway and cheap I'll try it this weekend ..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys, Creeking sound finally found . Front right shock absorber replaced by my local service dealer on Tuesday . He took it for a drive with me in the car last Friday and we drove over a section of road with bad corrugations and bending severally right . Sounded like a old spitfire machine gun , it was the loudest I've heard it . Apparently the shock was severally dry, (not lubricant) .. Replaced with a new shock and I've gone over the same piece of road and not a squeak or creek .

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Hi Guys, Creeking sound finally found . Front right shock absorber replaced by my local service dealer on Tuesday . He took it for a drive with me in the car last Friday and we drove over a section of road with bad corrugations and bending severally right . Sounded like a old spitfire machine gun , it was the loudest I've heard it . Apparently the shock was severally dry, (not lubricant) .. Replaced with a new shock and I've gone over the same piece of road and not a squeak or creek .
Glad you found the problem! It would have driven nuts also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts