Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a werid noise comming from both sides of my car when i turn the wheel its almost like a creek when i turn my wheel to the right and the left. my one friend whos a tech for dodge looked under the car and checked the axels and he said they looked fine so its not them. i went to the dealer last week and they told me it was my upper control arms so i got them done today when i left the dealer it sounded like it was gone. as soon as i turned home i heard it again oh boy. im going back to the dealer tommorow morining and im gonna see what they say my car it out of warranty already i had to pay 400+ out of pocket for the new upper control arms so any advice would be great cuz i figure the techs have no idea what is wrong and there just guessing parts to replace and if it was still under warranty then sure why not but since its out of pocket yea it kinda hurts. my sonata has 84k on it its an 07 2.4L any advice would be great thanks alot guys.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you mean the dust sheilds behind the rotors my friend thought it was that at 1st and so we removed both of them the one on the right side and the left side i had 2 studs messed up too one on the right and left side so they had to come off anyway to get them on. i was thinking amybe the lower control arms but im no mechanice so i have no idea its just a guess thanks for the quick response any more ideas are greatly appreactied.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took my car to the dealer today had to take a drive with the service tech so he could hear the noise he then replaced both the brake shims in the front and wala!!! Noise is gone apparently the middle of the shims were shiny so something was hitting them and now the car is noise free!!!!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup its the best place to start at too since there really cheap so hopefully it works and saves you a costly trip to the dealer my rear brakes are starting to have the same kind of noise so I'm going to change the same parts in the back and hopefully it works

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great piece of info, i bought a used Sonata and it does make a weird squeaking sound when i take a long right turn unlike anything i've ever heard on any other car before. I hope its just that and nothing more. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.