Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just bought a White/Beige Ultimate 2.0T AWD.

On both the test drive vehicle before I ordered and on the one I purchased, the seatbelt mechanism creaks when I go around turns. Im not sure if it's the top or bottom of the mechanism (Im driving when it happens) but it's super annoying since the the rest of the car is so nice and quiet!

Anyone else experienced this issue? Any suggestions on whether I could take it into the dealer or would they just say that's the way it is?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yup, I thought it was just me.

Put the seat belt on move it around on the lower end. That's where I hear it. It seems to come from the boot where it's attached to the floor.

I'm not sure how to lubricate it if that's the problem. I don't want to spray anything on the actual belt. It might even be coming from where the belt is looped around the bottom connection.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a creak in mine, I thought it was the back of the drivers seat or armrest, since I rest my arm on it.
I will have to pay closer attention, maybe it's the seatbelt, now that this is brought up.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just checked mine, it is definitely the seatbelt where it goes into the floor connector. If I move it back and forth
at the floor, it makes the creaking sound I was hearing, so just by moving a slight bit in the seat, it makes it move
and that is what causes the creaking. If anyone finds a solution, let us know.
This is a great site for owner information.

·
Registered
276 Posts
This is interesting because it seems to be a common problem and not just isolated.
When I have time I'm going to look at it again. I was hoping it was a "new" part sound and would work itself out but maybe that's not the case.

Turning the music up solves many of those problems but bothers me that I know they are still there. LOL

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just picked mine up Sunday and I thought i heard a creaking from over my left shoulder. Thought it was my daughters car seat, but I moved it all around this morning and it was dead quiet. I'll check the seat belt anchor area tonight and see if that's the source. I agree that it's faint but in an otherwise quiet (and new!) car it's annoying.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok, so I checked last night. Sure enough, like denp3 said, I could make it creak by moving the belt anchor around. I played with it for a few minutes, and pulled/pushed the rubber boot a bunch. It separates into two pieces, and I snapped it back together and pushed the accordion section further into the floor. Seems to have stopped the creaking, I haven't heard it at all today. I'll keep an ear open, but seems to have worked for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, so I checked last night. Sure enough, like denp3 said, I could make it creak by moving the belt anchor around. I played with it for a few minutes, and pulled/pushed the rubber boot a bunch. It separates into two pieces, and I snapped it back together and pushed the accordion section further into the floor. Seems to have stopped the creaking, I haven't heard it at all today. I'll keep an ear open, but seems to have worked for me.
Will try that too. Has been driving me crazy thinking was the seat. Started a week or so after purchase. The dealership replaced the seat rack, but that didn't help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will try that too. Has been driving me crazy thinking was the seat. Started a week or so after purchase. The dealership replaced the seat rack, but that didn't help.
Yep. Thought creaking was from the seat, but turns out it was from the seat belt anchor. Glad I checked this forum. I played around with the connector for a bit, and for now, not hearing any creaking. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts