Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the car in twice for rear end creaks and noise. They are unable to pinpoint the source and are having the car for a week and putting a microphone system in behind the interior walls etc. They expect to find an airbag loose they said. Will wait and see. Happens when applying brakes and similar bumping on road etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This may seem silly, but try taking out the cargo cover, cargo floor, cargo organizer, and spare tire tools/tray (and maybe even unmount the spare tire itself) and go for a short drive to see if there's any difference.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have them check the shock mount bushing. My old santa fe creaked and when I had them replaced/serviced, it went away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same kind of issue. Went to the dealer twice with no success. I decided to fix it myself and after a Saturday of searching I found the source of the noise. Under the car rear center you will find the tank wich is mounted to the car with 2 metal ties. The metal ties have on the interior rubber sleeves. When braking or going over bumps the thank moves a little on the rubber sleeve and makes the squeeky noise. Use spray lube to lube the rubber and give it a test drive, the rattle should be gone. I put there also annother soft rubber sleeve to stop the tank movement. The lube method will not stop the noise definitively because it will be washed by water from the road, it is ment to find out if that is the source of your noise. I hope these will help you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That does seem like the type of thing I am hearing. On braking particularly. Will look after tomorrow as I am getting ready to get on the road to head to the South Coast to inject a little money to the businesses. A good reason so my wife or I don't have to cook everyday.
Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealer has had the car 5 days and after 10 hours of looking has found the problem. They removed the rear seats and the sound was then going all the time when braking and bumps. They used microphones and moved them around the car until it was located . Its a seam between the rear passenger door surround and the rear triangular window moving. The seam has the glue broken out or was not put in the first place and it will need to be fixed at the crash repairers. Again the car will be required for 3-4 days but they will supply the loan car FOC. I cannot complain about the service as the manager kept me upto date with their experiences trying to track it down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The dealer has had the car 5 days and after 10 hours of looking has found the problem. They removed the rear seats and the sound was then going all the time when braking and bumps. They used microphones and moved them around the car until it was located . Its a seam between the rear passenger door surround and the rear triangular window moving. The seam has the glue broken out or was not put in the first place and it will need to be fixed at the crash repairers. Again the car will be required for 3-4 days but they will supply the loan car FOC. I cannot complain about the service as the manager kept me upto date with their experiences trying to track it down.
Sounds like good work by the dealer, they actually spent time on your problem for you. Hope my dealer would be as diligent if the need ever arises.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Absolutely agree, the dealer I purchased from ws not very interested and I moved to the same dealership but located in another branch. They couldn't have been more helpful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts