Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hopefully most everyone who reads here knows about the Pennzoil Platinum $2 / quart rebate that has been ongoing and (unless it is renewed) ends at the end of the month. It might have already been announced if it will continue, but I haven't seen it yet.

Anyway, here's the pricing on Amazon today. 5qt 5W30 PP and 5qt 5W30 PP Ultra, which is normally $2 to $5 more per quart, but here it is over $10 less expensive to buy Pennzoil Platinum Ultra than the regular (non "ultra") version.

Of course at least for now, you can take $10 off both because of the rebate. I have another $10 coming today, and already received $32 this year ($10+$10+$12) from prior purchases.

Now, if prefer to have 5W40 weight which many people insist is better with a turbo, you can only get it as Pennzoil Platinum "Euro" branded. It used to be available as PP Ultra, but now is only sold as the Euro subbrand.

Pix #2 shows the Amazon pricing for 6 single quarts of PP Euro 5W30 vice PP Euro 5W40 weight. Basically the same, and again you can deduct $12 from either one because of the $2 each per 6 quarts. Just makes no sense.

My point: why would you buy Pennzoil Platinum 5W30 for $28 net when you can buy PP Ultra 5W30 for $15 net?

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Walmart (.com) is your friend.
Oh, I agree! I have bought the Platinum Plus Ultra two times this year but I hadn't noticed that it was $3/quart less expensive. Crazy strange...

Reactions: Richard Bicker

·
Registered
882 Posts
based on some research made by Amsoil, valvoline synpower is the best choice in walmart; AMSOIL vs Mobil 1 Test Results

I am not asking you to buy amsoil they are too expensive. valvoline synpower did almost the same in engine wear protection, and I'm not gonna change oil every 25000 miles to save money

1 - 4 of 4 Posts