Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a 2001 Accent with a nice body and interior with a crappy engine and trans. However, I also have the engine and trans out of an 08 Accent. Does anyone think I could find a mechanic with the ability to put the 2 together? Is this even possible? Maybe just the engine?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (Will Sheive @ Aug 23 2010, 06:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351446
So, I have a 2001 Accent with a nice body and interior with a crappy engine and trans. However, I also have the engine and trans out of an 08 Accent. Does anyone think I could find a mechanic with the ability to put the 2 together? Is this even possible? Maybe just the engine?
I don't know how much custom work would be needed. Nobody knows if the engine mounts are the same. The wiring will probably need some splicing. If the engine bolts in without mods, it shouldn't be that hard to make the rest work.

I don't know much about early Accents but the MC has a hydraulic clutch which might be a PITA to make work if your 2001 has a cable clutch.

·
Registered
810 Posts
IMO, if you're gonna pay someone to do the harder bits, you might as well go all out and put in a Beta block from the Tiburon. I believe it's been done before on the LC and is documented. I realize you're considering doing this because you already have an MC block n' tranny but unless you're gonna do all the work yourself, do you really think it'll be worth putting all that money into custom fabrication for anything that might need it and labour on wiring and such for such a relatively minuscule increase in power? You might as well just rebuild your current block n' tranny or pull low mileage ones off a wreck and save the heartache and money.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
QUOTE (Naky @ Aug 23 2010, 09:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351491
IMO, if you're gonna pay someone to do the harder bits, you might as well go all out and put in a Beta block from the Tiburon. I believe it's been done before on the LC and is documented. I realize you're considering doing this because you already have an MC block n' tranny but unless you're gonna do all the work yourself, do you really think it'll be worth putting all that money into custom fabrication for anything that might need it and labour on wiring and such for such a relatively minuscule increase in power? You might as well just rebuild your current block n' tranny or pull low mileage ones off a wreck and save the heartache and money.
x2, you really arent upgrading if hp is what you looking for, which is why most people do swaps.

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
If the current engine doesn't run, it's a 110 HP upgrade compared to what they had.  :thumbsup:  

Sounds like a lot of work though.  Wiring seems like it would be a nightmare and the worst part of it..  The PCM's aren't even in the same place since the MC's was relocated to the engine compartment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts