Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
I am having trouble with my windshield washer now that it is winter. I have noticed that while driving there isn't enough pressure from the windshield washer nozzle to combat the wind force and the wsw doesn't cover the windshield it only hits about 2 inches above the wipers. Also it is quite thick not a perfect liquid but not like molasses. It`s like 80proof liquor in the freezer over night. In the summer time i hadn't noticed this problem since I don`t use my windshield washer but now that it is winter and there is salt all over the road I use it quite a bit.

Does anyone in a cold climate have the same problem and if so have you found a solution? I was thinking about removing the nozzle from under the hood and adding piping to place a new nozzle directly on the wiper blade. Anyone have any ideas how to do this DIY?

Cheers,

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am having the same problem. I was thinking of just reaiming the nozzel to spray higher up on the window, but I have not looked at it that closely yet. I am assuming you can aim the nozzels like my old car.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Mine shoots in a nice fan all the way to the top.

The description (that I loved and could totally relate too) of a thick stream makes me wonder if you are using below freezing fluid? I have a suspicion that you are getting clogged with debris.

I live in Southern Ohio where it has been in single digits and still works fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turbo T: I have looked at the nozzle, pushed, pulled, twisted and and I can`t seem to move it at all. So I figured that it`s just fixed in one place.

Bearcats: I first thought of that too but it has been over a week of -15C or 5F and nothing is frozen solid so I figured it has all season fluids. What kind of dealership would sell a brand new car in Canada in October with fluids that isn't rated for sub freezing weather............

Thanks for the replies. I will talk to my mechanic this weekend as I am going in for an oil change. He might have a suggestion.

cheers,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts