Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My accent threw a code and it showed it was the crankshaft positioning sensor is that covered under warranty??? 100,000 mile cuz the car has only 62 k on it just replaced the timing belt, radiator hoses, alternator belt, power steering belt, spark plugs and ac belt. Started it up and the light came on and it was the crankshaft positioning sensor.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea everything is fine it started fine. But it threw a code for that

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Only my .02....Judging by the mileage, it's about to go. When it fails you won't be able to start the motor. A common problem is that over time engine heat breaks down the insulation on the 3 wires. You should change it now before it leaves you stranded.

·
3,735 Posts
My accent threw a code and it showed it was the crankshaft positioning sensor is that covered under warranty??? 100,000 mile cuz the car has only 62 k on it
Did you buy it new? If so, you have the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.

Bought it used? 60,000 miles on powertrain and bumper-to-bumper which just expired for you. No 100,000 powertrain warranty in that case.

If it is a side effect of something that occurred as you changed the timing belt, I doubt they would cover that anyway if you had the 10/100.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought it used but it was Hyundai certified so I still got the 100k warranty on it

·
Registered
13,275 Posts
I'll just jump in here instead of being OT in someone else's question.
@AUTOSPARK suggested my Crank Position Sensor is on the way out.
Hyundai dealers want $58-75, but I found this:

I can also get a DORMAN tomorrow from AutoZone, for $54.
I like to stay OEM.

Also, where is the darn thing located? I saw a diagram for a 2007 (Mine's an '09) that shows it to the right of the front CAT.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
I'll just jump in here instead of being OT in someone else's question.
@AUTOSPARK suggested my Crank Position Sensor is on the way out.
Hyundai dealers want $58-75, but I found this:

I can also get a DORMAN tomorrow from AutoZone, for $54.
I like to stay OEM.

Also, where is the darn thing located? I saw a diagram for a 2007 (Mine's an '09) that shows it to the right of the front CAT.
Yes, the CKPS is located to the right of the CAT.
CKPS.jpg
location.gif

Yes, the CKPS is located to the right of the front CAT.

·
Registered
13,275 Posts
View of the sensor as seen on a real car :
View attachment 441894

Got it. Thankfully they didn't bury it somewhere. I had a friend with a Kia Rio, same engine. He did THREE of them. From what I have seen, it's about the highest failure-rate part on a Hyundai/Kia.

Any idea if the part I linked really is genuine?

·
Registered
13,275 Posts
I bought that one. A lot of people said it appeared to be OEM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts