Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new here bit I am having some problems with my 03 Hyundai Tiburon 2.7l. While I was setting a light the motor just stopped and I turned it back over and the check engine light came on so I went over to get it checked out and it had four lean codes. And the guy told me that the timing was off so I changed the belt and the water pump and I also got a new battery also I got new spark plugs and it just turns off after about five minutes I can turn it back over but not easily. Can someone tell me if it my crankshaft position sensor or something I have not thought of.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Scan it..

Finish edit your DRIVE profile to reflect 2003 Tiburon 2.7L so it show in box below your username,, and put in a location so we know which market you in to aid in answer questions

Crank Position sensor is about a maintanance item anymore,, reach up in around starter (preferably cold) and finger the pigtail right off the sensor body for cracked-crumbling-split out covering that would allow exposure of inner 3 wires with crumbled insulation that would short and foul feedback to PCM

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,601 Posts
If it is crankshaft sensor then there would be no spark and no injector pulse
The ECM would not know what position the engine is in and thus would not give spark or injector pulse
Engine would not run at all. (it would crank but not start)

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,601 Posts
Thanks for the info. If it is not the crank poisoning sensor then what do you think it is.
Since you have not check for spark or fuel pressure or injector pulse, I could not say what it might be.
Just giving information. You have to determine what it is.
All we can do is tell you what it might be and help give info on how to test.

However, it seems to me that the mechanic didn't know anything about cars
Only how to sell un-needed procedures and throw parts at a car trying to fix it.

Do some checks on the engine. Spark, fuel, air, exhaust, compression, timing, etc.
That should tell you what to look at some more.
Come back and let us know how it is going

1 - 6 of 6 Posts