Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I noticed something weird with my car when it would not start one morning. It finally started and I went weeks with no problems, so I just blew it off. Driving through town, it would hiccup a little but I thought it was my fault for not doing the clutch properly. While traveling the interstate one day, I noticed my car started bucking/hiccuping slightly while on cruise.

As time went on, the symptoms got worse. The bucking/hiccuping got MUCH worse to the point it felt like someone hit me from behind, there was one or two mornings of long crank time but is fine the rest of the day, check engine light would come on, but go off, very hard to accelerate sometimes and acts as it will stall (with this, I noticed if I give it extra gas, it will stop), feels sluggish, seems to mess up more when hot, noticed the rpm needle wiggling, hiccuping stops when I put it in neutral, seems to hiccup most at low speeds while changing into gears 1-3. There are days my car runs absolutely fine, then days where its horrible.

I took my car into AutoZone and got the P0335 code. I plan on going buy the part tomorrow to fix it, but what I'm wondering is that does it really sound like there is a problem with the crankshaft position sensor?? I've done much research on it and I don't really see complaints similar to mine. Most of the complaints are that their cars simply do not start and just stalls. I want to make sure the problem seems legit.

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
P0335=crank sensor malfunction. Your car runs bad...

Why don't you replace it and tell us if it works out or not?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Replace it... I think that early sensor is a signal generator, likely getting weak at generating voltage (waveform) for PCM to understand..

·
Registered
626 Posts
Try just disconnecting the sensor; clean the contacts as best you can with wet & dry paper and switch cleaner or wd40 an reconnect. It could just be oxidised/dirty contacts as the sensor connector gets caked in dirt where it is positioned on the lower front of the engine. If that doesn't fix it then you will have to try replacing it as suggested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts