Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 CRDI. It cranks fine, but will only start with "easystart" spray in the air-intake manifold. Drives fine once started.

It happened once before, then a week later, became a permanent issue.

Here is the current status:

- Code error is "Crankshaft Position Sensor" (CPK)
- Have replaced CPK and Camshaft Position Sensor (suggested this could be a problem)
- Live readings for fuel pressure on crank is normal
- Rail Pressure Sensor and timing belt recently replaced
- Tested injectors and all are fine
- Voltage at CPK sensor connector is c. 2.6 volts, and at Cam Position Sensor 12 volts

No improvement. Any thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,323 Posts
My suggestion is you measure the output voltage of the rail pressure sensor during crank (without easy start) and post the result. Measure by back probing your red voltmeter lead into the center terminal of the sensor harness connector.

Out of interest, what does the scan tool show the fuel pressure to be during crank?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I don’t have the readings to hand. But will try and check the RPS reading. Why would that trigger a Crankshaft code?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,323 Posts
The rail pressure sensor wont cause that code. But I wouldn't let that put you off testing it's output voltage.

The 336 code means the engine speed signal input from the crank sensor didn't match the PCM's calculated value. Could you post the freeze frame data relating to the code so we can see under what conditions the code was logged.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
- Tested injectors and all are fine
- Voltage at CPK sensor connector is c. 2.6 volts, and at Cam Position Sensor 12 volts

No improvement. Any thoughts? Thanks
How did you test injectors?
Did you just check voltages (powers and grounds and signal) at injectors?
Or did you take out injectors and see that they are actually working?
(sorry, don't know how to test injectors on a diesel engine)

What pin did you read at the sensors?
Was it the powers and ground voltage?
Was it the signal voltage?
Shouldn't signal voltage be different at different times?
Shouldn't it depend on the position of the thing being sensed??
Or were you measuring the signal voltage as the engine was cranking??

·
Registered
882 Posts
maybe the sensor connection problem, or PCM connection, even ground wires connections. Recall every single piece of wire that you have touched, brush the connections and bolts, or use electronic cleaner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts