Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I went to town the other day, stop to get gas and went on down the road 15 miles or so and stopped at a traffic light when she noticed the car had stalled. well needless to say I had to call a wrecker to get us home. I checked the fuel pump by pulling it out and putting power to it and it worked. So i replaced the power wire to the fuel pump. I could hear it charging, but car will still not run. It has not run since it stalled. I am getting fire to the plugs (stuck a screw driver in the plug wire, cranked over, blue spark. Could the fuel pump be bad even if it work when I took it completely out of the fuel pump assymbly and ran two wires from battery to fuel pump? Reason I ask is went out today and now I dont hear fuel pump charge. Will you hear it if it is already under pressure? Or am I looking in the wrong place altogether?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (Dirtnapp @ Aug 24 2010, 09:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351761
My wife and I went to town the other day, stop to get gas and went on down the road 15 miles or so and stopped at a traffic light when she noticed the car had stalled. well needless to say I had to call a wrecker to get us home. I checked the fuel pump by pulling it out and putting power to it and it worked. So i replaced the power wire to the fuel pump. I could hear it charging, but car will still not run. It has not run since it stalled. I am getting fire to the plugs (stuck a screw driver in the plug wire, cranked over, blue spark. Could the fuel pump be bad even if it work when I took it completely out of the fuel pump assymbly and ran two wires from battery to fuel pump? Reason I ask is went out today and now I dont hear fuel pump charge. Will you hear it if it is already under pressure? Or am I looking in the wrong place altogether?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
I would suggest that you use a diagnostic code reader to see what the computer thinks is wrong.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Aug 25 2010, 08:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351843
Scan it for possible stored DTC before it stalled... quit "watering in the wind"
I agree. The computer will store diagnostic codes whether the engine will or won't start, as long as you keep the battery connected (if it's alive, the computer is running even though the engine isn't) - if you disconnect the battery, there will be no power for the "keep alive" circuits and that memory in the computer will be cleared.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts