Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Tuscon 2.0 GDI. 41,000 miles. I bought it used and try and take care of minor maintenance myself.

The manual calls for "crankcase filter" change every 7500 (i think its 7500).

I am having a problem finding any info on this filters location. I may be confusing "crankcase filter" with PCV value but not certain.

Can anyone clarify the location of this filter and perhaps a DIY instruction URL?

New to the forum. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
What you have, actually, is a Tucson...the "oil filter" is in the front of the engine (bottom access), slightly right of center.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am I think about to say something stupid, with this disclaimer, I cannot locate on the interwebs again where the word "crankcase" is, but here goes. @DarrenBach the term "crankcase filter" and "oil filter" are interchangeable?

If so, moot point. Its to easy to just go get an oil change at the local Firestone store for 27.00$

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
It's too easy to just go get an oil change at the local Firestone store for $27.00.
If you are not familiar with a crankcase...that would be your best option!

Reactions: Myke212

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are you maybe referring to the 2.0 CRDi diesel R-engine? The 2.0 Nu gasoline doesn't use any type of breather/crankcase filter...at one time in US vehicles that was common but it's been years since that approach was abandoned. I think it's still common in diesel systems but I won't be any help there other than saying it should be pretty simple to change and most likely located in or near the air filter housing?...unless it's actually a particulate filter which is probably in the exhaust stream somewhere. The US owners manual for the gasoline engine states the same 7500 interval for the engine oil filter (under the "normal" schedule, which very few people should use, instead opting smartly for the severe schedule instead, at least as far as oil and filter changes go)...no "crankcase" wording for us yanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts