Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 Hyundai Sonata is at 105K and after all the AC issues I have been dealing with since March, now the crank sensor has burned out. The car stalled while I was driving it in June, and I took it to the dealership. At that time they could find nothing wrong with it. At the same time it was having AC issues. In July the condenser was replaced and since then the car has idled rough when the AC is on, and stalled multiple times. Yesterday it stalled twice, while the AC was running; the second time, I could not restart the car and ended up stalled and blocking traffic. After about 10 minutes, the car started again and ran okay without the AC running. I took it into the dealership and they just notified me that the crank sensor is burned out. Is it normal for five-year old cars with 105K to have such major components as the condenser and crank sensor fail?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had my 2004 Sonata in the shop to get my third timing belt and water pump. I have 114,000 miles on my car. While they were working on her she needed a new balancing belt and auto tensioner. They mentioned the crank shaft position censor and said that mine was working but that they usually start having issues with them after 100,000 miles. Since they were working in that area I decided to go ahead and get it replaced before anything happened. What I have found with my Sonata is that she is a good car just needs to have things replaced a lot sooner than other vehicles I have had.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts