Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody experienced a cracking sound when turning and braking at the same time..say like when pulling into a parking space? Seems to go away in wet weather. Had appointment at dealer (on wet day) and they checked suspension and brakes all ok. Couldn't reproduce the sound during test drive with them, maybe cause of the snow. At least I had them fix my head gasket oil leak so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip. They had already filed down my stops like in the TSB. Tried the test and sound wasn't there.

Tried holding links and rocking vehicle side to side and no sound either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The cracking sound occurs as I'm turning the wheel, but only when the brakes are applied and I'm rolling. As for the TSB, they filed down the stops the first time I complained about the noise, but it did not fix it. If your vehicle is still under waranty and you've got the same problem described in the TSB, I'd definitely have Hyundai do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.