Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Accent GS with just over 100k on the odometer, which had a brand new factory installed transmission and clutch installed at the 99k mark. At the end of August 2019 I got into a fender bender (I hit a truck from behind), that messed up the front of my car. It appears to be mostly cosmetic damage but to repair the damage at a body shop will cost $3-4k; this is more than the car's worth. Knowing that it's got a brand new transmission in it I've been hesitant to just dump it off for a few hundred dollars because I know that the transmission is worth way more than that, so it's just been sitting for all this time. What should I do with it? Thoughts?

David

·
Registered
9 Posts
Give us photos. I knew a guy, his customer wrecked her camry. She had the bumper fallen off and detatched but not damaged. He created bolt holes and bolted it back on the car. You could still see the silver bolts around the bumper. But it looked good especially better than no bumper on the car at all. I bet you could figure out either way, professionally to install one, or unprofessionally install you one. Sounds like you already ruined the car, what do you got to lose!

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,414 Posts
Vehicle was in an accident.
Was it reported?
If yes then fixing car will not change much of its resale appeal

Say hello to your next project ... :p
Would assess the damage and see what used parts could be used to fix it.
And do the work myself if possible.
If too expensive then just sell for parts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts