Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Santa Fe 2.2 CRDI Elite AWD. While turning left at an intersection, it felt like I had driven over a brick and something got stuck in the left front tire. When I stoped and checked there was nothing on the tire or in the road. I limped the care home with the bumping coming from the front left wheel and when I stoped at home there was oil leaking from under the engine compartment. I had the car towed in, and the agents found that the transfer case was cracked. Photos where taken and sent to the warranty people, who refused to cover the damage, claiming uneven tire wear is the cause of the failure. As a mechanical person I cannot accept that uneven tire wear can cause the trasfer case to crack. Has anyone else experienced this before

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,601 Posts
On my 2006 Suzuki Aerio AWD, drove over a bump and noise came from under the car
Thought a cardboard box or something got stuck underneath
Stopped and checked ... nothing.
Got it home. Jacked the from up and started engine.
Car ran fine. Diagnosis, broken rear differential.
Took to Aamco. Close to a grand to replace with used diff
I just think of it as better than new car payments.

Wish you luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I previously use to own a Mazda 6 MPS, which is the AWD turbo.
That use to make terrible diff/gearbox wine if the tyre pressures were out only by a few PSI.
The car was such a pain, that sometimes the left or right side would be slightly higher or less PSI to stop the wine.

Would this cause a transfer case to crack and serious damage, I would think not...

Stand your ground and maybe cut a deal.. Pay for labour and they provide the parts..
Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts