Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The car is a cheapy but loved machine, just bought it.

I want a cheap but effective repair if possible.

1. Is it such a big issue, if so, what problems will it create.

2. Is it possible to fix this with some "magic metal" stuff that hardens. (if so, is the pressure generated by the engine)
a) outward,
b) inward or
c) both inward and outward pressure at different times.

As always any added advice or experience would be welcomed.

TY

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have had a quick look on the net, your rocker cover looks like its aluminium, I have repaired a ford aluminium engine part with a two pack epoxy, I sold the car two years later and the bond was very successful, strong and had the same colour, we do use a product at work but unfortunatley we are all on annual leave, you could try
Selleys Knead It Steel

A versatile hand kneadable, fast setting, non-rusting co-extruded epoxy repair system that can be used for repairing ferrous and aluminium metal items. It comes in a handy roll form, with the black hardener encapsulated in the grey resin part. The product hardens in 5-10 minutes, after mixing, to a black metal-like material.

I have'nt used this brand before for aluminium, check out your local hardware store, they are usually well informed or perhapes repco or super cheap, it is really easy to do.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Appears to be a decorative cover hiding wires ?? from open sight ?

I wouldnt even bother with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well i repaired mine with silastic gasket rubber..that was 2 years ago and the crack is still seald and nomore oil coming out..mines black so metal color might suit you better.good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts