Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw these cards in my dealership

"Paid without a coupon? Text the last 12 digits of your VIN to 83243 offers will be sent to your phone and you won't need to worry about having paper coupons"
They are marked Hyundai Assurance car care
Anyone used this?

·
22,793 Posts
First I've heard of this. Interesting. I might try it, although I can't think of anything they could do "coupon wise" since I'm under warranty. Might be good for members out of warranty. Or wanting to avail themselves to a dealer's oil change, alignment, or some other maintenance-type offers.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First I've heard of this. Interesting. I might try it, although I can't think of anything they could do "coupon wise" since I'm under warranty. Might be good for members out of warranty. Or wanting to avail themselves to a dealer's oil change, alignment, or some other maintenance-type offers.
Yes, I was thinking that it might work for me for oil changes and tire rotations.....every little helps!
It says you may get up to 4 text messages a month (data charges apply), I think its likely that not all of these will be for vehicle servicing, they have to make their money somehow.
You can stop the messages any time ( the initial message tells you how) So since I am due a oil change and tire rotation in the next few weeks I will give it a go, cannot do any harm.......can it lol

·
22,793 Posts
Yeah, you're probably correct in the assumption of an "advertised sale" (or 2, or 3) lurking around in several of those monthly emails. LOL

·
22,793 Posts
I did the text VIN thing and never got anything. I always got coupons through the snail mail, usually when I had already had service or would expire before my next service.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
We still get coupons and service specials on the wife's 2008 Tucson and my 2011 Elantra. Those cars were traded in several year's ago for current models in 2012 & 2013, respectively. I received an offer a couple of weeks ago telling me that my initial warranty on the 2011 Elantra was about to expire. Really? I haven't owned that car in 17-18 months. Shouldn't be too much longer before they send me a letter informing me they need "good used cars" for their depleted inventory and to bring.

"Maximum trade value," I suppose, will be one of the carrots they will dangle above my head in the letter. Sheesh!

·
Registered
316 Posts
We get monthly screaming emails from the dlr we bought the CEO's Tuck from: general BS stuff, they 'want' her used car, and 'coupons' for tire rotation, (the most abused 'maintenance' move on the planet, imo), and oil changes that are marked up and then discounted to about normal.

That dlr uses a 'semi-synthetic' oil for all changes, and a brand I had to GOOG to even find out about: it's a PL brand marketed to dlrs to 'enhance their profit for customers who mainly don't understand what oil to use or what a synthetic oil really is", direct quote from the 'Brand', lmao!

Coupons are usually typical marketing crap, imo...they are hoping to get your car to tell you about the 5 other items, (non warranty service items), that need fixing.

Unless one is using their car as a gypsy cab or pizza delivery car how much 'frequent maintenance' does any modern car really need?
GL, mD

·
22,793 Posts
...they are hoping to get your car to tell you about the 5 other items, (non warranty service items), that need fixing. GL, mD
Ah, the old "Sir, while we were servicing your car, our technician just happened to notice..."

Now they're going to "service" you. Cha-ching!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bring in my own full synthetic oil bought on sale itself. So they just charge me labor and the cost of the oil filter. Works out pretty well as long as you're able to confidently say no to the "fuel system cleaning" (aka a $50 bottle of $7 Techron) or tire rotation upsells.

·
22,793 Posts
I bring in my own full synthetic oil bought on sale itself. So they just charge me labor and the cost of the oil filter. Works out pretty well as long as you're able to confidently say no to the "fuel system cleaning" (aka a $50 bottle of $7 Techron) or tire rotation upsells.
Do you buy the big jug? And if so, do they return the unused portion? Or does the tech take it home and put it in his car?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah I use the 5 qt jug unless individuals are on sale and come out to a better price.

Believe or not, I actually learned the first time that I have to request that they give me the rest back. Wth??

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have never ever recieved a coupon for car service either from Hyundai or my local dealership, they do not advertise any online either.
Have never received a coupon in the mail either. My other vehicles I always did. I know other Hyundai owners have gotten them. Is it just the luck of the draw? I would think it would be standard practice for all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts