Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Less that a year ago, I had a new transmission installed in my 2007 Santa Fe 3.3L AWD (Limited). Recently I have bee getting a very distinctive "slipping" or shhhuuushhhing sound, especially when in low gear and accelerating. I took it into the transmission place where I had the work done, but they said the noise isn't coming from the transmission, they said it was somewhere in the front of the engine. It is still happening, but I still suspect something wrong with the transmission because when the noise happens it is accompanied by a distinct increase in RPM (like you would expect if a clutch were slipping in a manual transmission). So, say I'm going up a hill in 1st or 2nd gear - all of the sudden I get that noise and the RPM jumps up with no corresponding power to the wheels.

I can't think of anything but the transmission that would cause this kind of sound with a noticeable increase in RPM (with no additional gas pedal input and no increase in power to the wheels.)

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Could be a "controller" concern.. that transmission is just a puppet,, TCM tell it what to do,, or it could be internal oil leak to clutch pack or brake apply..

Scan it,, best to do complete Fault Code search of all onboard modules with Hyundai GDS,, and verify all up to date for systems software while plugged in

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may take it to dealer for diagnosis. But of it turns out to be the transmission, at least it's still under warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts