Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2008 Santa Fe this summer.

Since then, the ESC OFF light turns on a couple of minutes after turning on the engine and stays on. This occurs all of the time.

Occasionally, the radio will freeze up and I can't change the channel, adjust the volume or turn it off. It will work again if I turn off the engine and restart.

Two days ago, the horn stopped working.

Is it possible that these are related problems?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Unless all of those symptoms occur pretty much concurrently, probably not. Even then, and while there have been many discussions of grounding issues at frame points that can cause a pretty strange collection of symptoms, those on your list aren't any that are normally reported with that problem.

Best to deal with the ESC light first. Is that the ONLY malfunction you're seeing in the dash lights? It's often accompanied by a MIL as well. Worth scanning for any codes. Could be something as simple as a brake light switch that needs to be replaced (not at all uncommon). There's a recall covering this.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I could be wrong...

I had an issue with my ESC light staying on. The resolution was a sensor behind the airbag in the steering wheel If I remember correctly.

+1 Scan the vehicle for codes...

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
I had an issue with my ESC light staying on. The resolution was a sensor behind the airbag in the steering wheel If I remember correctly.

+1 Scan the vehicle for codes...
Ah, the old 'clock spring malfunction'. There was a recall for that item, too. 11V472000. But I recall a different light situation.

The recall number on the brake switch is 13V113000.

@dantam8

If you haven't already done so, drop by your dealer, let him look up your VIN, and find out what if any outstanding recalls might be needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts