Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a 2007 Hyundai Matrix 1.6 petrol Manual which I noticed a poor fuel economy. I am thinking
to replace spark plugs , car came with ngk BKR5E-11. I am not sure if this is the original spark plugs for this car does any one know which is the original spark plugs or the recomended ones for best performance and fuel economy. Can't find this info anywhere.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,351 Posts
It'll tell you what plugs you should use in the owner manual, somewhere in the DIY maintenance section.
I can't think why someone would fit incorrect plugs so I'm sure you'll find BKR5E-11 are what the manual recommends.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'll tell you what plugs you should use in the owner manual, somewhere in the DIY maintenance section.
I can't think why someone would fit incorrect plugs so I'm sure you'll find BKR5E-11 are what the manual recommends.
Strangely at the Car's owners manual it just mentions to {use spark plugs to the correct heat range for this car}. Often cars can use many types of spark plugs which are compatible and often owners go to the cheapest however the difference in performance can be brutal . I had cars which used a supposedly compatible spark plugs NGK when I use the original Volvo or BOSCH OEM car would increase fuel economy in 20%. and have a better performance. The fact that can be fitted in the car does not means is what is supposed to be there and often people just assume that they are the same when they are not. That is why I would like to hear from people experience which is the best recommended sparks for this model. It may be that this NGK is the right one unless I can confirm that I will need to keeping looking.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,351 Posts
Strangely at the Car's owners manual it just mentions to {use spark plugs to the correct heat range for this car}.
Yeah, it says that and if you read on you should find a section that actually deals with replacing the plugs where it tells you the type of plugs to use and what the gap should be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts