Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Tib/manual

I bought a new motor mount for the front right (EM8719). The hole is in the wrong position on this mount. Every alternate brand also has the hole lower. So after scouring auto part websites, I cannot find on that matches my old one. If I attempt to install this one, the engine will set up higher. Any suggestions? See picture of my old and new...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Did they change the design because the original had flaws? Do you know if it does indeed lift the engine? Or does it droop a bit from the weight of the engine?

That's an updated mount. Install it.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
It would be interesting to see the mount with the rubber cushion off, I think you will find when new your old mount was likely in the same position as the new one you have.

Age and weight is why it sits in that position. It's only 20+ years old.

The 2 part numbers were 21810-29100, 21810-29150.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting.. I looked up those part numbers on a Hyundai parts site. They mention in the description type of transmission they fit. Maybe there is a difference in between auto and manual and the height they sit? I looked up used ones on eBay and found 2. One hole is in the middle and the other, slightly lower, but not as low as that new one.

Perhaps mine is just really busted under the rubber pads. It is vibrating a lot at idle, which is why I am changing mounts. I'll have to pull it again and look.

Anyone else have an RD that can look at their engine bay and see what it looks like?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I saw early on auto and man were unique, then it went to the same for auto and manual. That was the 29100 number.

I think GRC's remark is the simplest, just fit it. I very much doubt there will be a difference with the weight of the powertrain on that to create an issue height wise

Both those numbers I thought th ebolt holt was about the same, could be wrong.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I really have no choice but to use it, if every aftermarket one is designed the same. I thought someone would have run into this same question at some point.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, just to update. I did get the new mount in. It just took a little extra encouragement from the lug nut pry bar to lift the engine and wiggle into place.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very good, virtually no vibration at idle now. Of course when you put a load on the electrical system you will get it, but I dont think you can get away from that in an RD. At least the 2 that I have owned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts