Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 2016 petrol i30 battery is flat. The battery was replaced 11 months ago and when I called Road Assistance they have told me that the existing battery (non original) is actually incorrect. They said it should be a 600 CCA and the battery I have is a 530 CCA. Can anyone recommend the CORRECT battery for my car (non stop start)? Australian model. Please could you give me any/all specifications I should be asking for.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,313 Posts
when I called Road Assistance they have told me that the existing battery (non original) is actually incorrect.
So what? What has the cold cranking capacity of the battery got to do with why it went flat?
Probably nothing.

ads1212 said:
They said it should be a 600 CCA and the battery I have is a 530 CCA.
They said it should be 600 CCA what? CCA SAE, CCA DIN, CCA JIS?
There are a lot of different ways to measure the CCA rating of a battery. The two numbers being different doesn't necessarily mean you have the wrong battery.

I just had a quick look at the battery specs in the workshop manual. It says the correct battery CCA is 550A SAE, or 440A EN, and those would work out to about 340A DIN. So you see how these numbers are really meaningless unless you specify what scale the measurement is being taken on.

ads1212 said:
Can anyone recommend the CORRECT battery for my car (non stop start)?
I recommend you have the battery fully recharged then properly tested. And if it's measured CCA meets or exceeds the marked rating there is no need to replace it.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
Go to your local auto parts store and give them the information on your vehicle
Year, make, model, engine and
they should be able to tell you the group size (or part number) and CCA
which is correct for your vehicle. If there is more than one group size available for your vehicle
then you will need to know the dimensions of the space for the battery.

Batteries that will work for your vehicle will have a CCA rating which either matches or exceeds your
vehicle's specifications. So, that in difficult situations, you can get it on the road. Not recommended.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts