Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 Accent 1.3GSI is in the garage for the third time having the Heater Matrix changed in the space of 2months. Having spoke to the garage they said that each time they sent the matrix back to the manufacturer, they told him that the reason the matrix is failing is due to Electrolysis. The mechanic didnt quite believe what he was being told - good for me as the work is being carried out under warranty from the inital matrix change 10months ago but if he belived them then i imagine i would be getting a hefty bill for the work that has been carried out so far, the failure would be due to a electrical problem and not a parts failure.

Ive been doing a bit of reading and it seems that if there is electrolysis at work then it is down to a bad earth somewhere, can anyone give me the locations of as many earth points as possible so i can check them. Id rather not tell the mechanic about this as i dont want a huge bill for the replacement of 4 heater matrix.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
That's interesting. That must mean the grounding is going through the heater core somehow. I'd start by making sure your battery cables are properly attached, like ground connections to the body, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts