Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2018 hyundai tucson 2.0 gdi, the cooling fan always runs at high speed, it runs when put the key in on position and runs while the engine is running even when stop the engine and key out it runs for about 20 seconds then stop. I tried use another ecu also it began running again. May you help me to understand what's going on!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Look for a thermo-switch or sensor on the bottom of the radiator. Could be stuck closed.
That's what most systems use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look for a thermo-switch or sensor on the bottom of the radiator. Could be stuck closed.
That's what most systems use.
I replaced the temperature sensor (ect), and checked radiator hoses temperature both are hot no difference.. 😭

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
As I said, there's generally a separate sensor to detect when the radiator is full of hot coolant; and kicks the fan to high speed.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,168 Posts
it runs when put the key in on position and runs while the engine is running even when stop the engine and key out it runs for about 20 seconds then stop.
It sounds like there may be a problem with the ECT sensor circuit.
I assume since you have replaced the ECU and ECT sensor that you have already scanned the ECU to check for trouble codes? And you have already checked the coolant temperature on the scan tool data list to make sure the sensor is returning a plausible value?

As I said, there's generally a separate sensor to detect when the radiator is full of hot coolant; and kicks the fan to high speed.
Yeah, back in the 80's there was. In the 21st century the engine ECU controls the fans based on the signal it receives from the ECT sensor.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2018 hyundai tucson 2.0 gdi, the cooling fan always runs at high speed, it runs when put the key in on position and runs while the engine is running even when stop the engine and key out it runs for about 20 seconds then stop. I tried use another ecu also it began running again. May you help me to understand what's going on!
Hi sir can i know what was the problem becouse i am facing the same problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts