Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i own a 2007 terracan with the 2.9crdi engine, had a coolant issue with the coolant getting pushed out the overflow and engine overheating, i assumed it was the cylinder head and had it skimmed and pressure tested, refitted with a new gasket and also decided to remove the egr cooler and blank off the egr valve, everything seemed fine for 2 weeks and then the air in the cab went cold and coolant getting pushed out the overflow again, any suggestions, surely the head hasn't went again, the engine hasnt overheated this time or at least not according to the temp gauge

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can pull the thermostat out put it back together without thermostat, and drive the vehicle. If it overheats It is definitely not your thermostat. I had a similar issue, and it turned out to be the thermostat. It was acting like you are explaining.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I ran it with the thermostat removed and had the same issue so now flushing the coolant system and we shall see how that goes

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,840 Posts
I just got a bad radiator cap that would push open and dump coolant without it going to the overflow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like the cylinder head is still leaking, getting combustion gases in the coolant, so back into the garage and get the head off again,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts