Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK .. I've got about 30k miles on the Entourage .. just wondering what the common opinion is on coolant flush?

Please don't quote me what the maintenance schedule is .. I've got a copy and I've read it, thank you. What I'm looking for is the "real world" experience from DIYer's like myself who like to maintain a car based upon experience and reason.

What say ye group? Have you done this yet? If so, what mileage where you at and how often would you do this? Also, would you use official Hyundai coolant or something like Zerex, Peak, Prestone, etc?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Miami you crack me up sometimes!

Umm we haven't even had ours for a year so I can't speak from personal experience, although for something like this I tend to follow Hyundai's recommendation to make sure my warranty stays intact. I figure the manufacture knows more about the car than I do too :grin:

Unfortunately this section isn't filled with too many DIY'ers or a great deal of activity in general.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (alex2006sonata @ Jun 7 2010, 07:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330745
Miami you crack me up sometimes!

Umm we haven't even had ours for a year so I can't speak from personal experience, although for something like this I tend to follow Hyundai's recommendation to make sure my warranty stays intact. I figure the manufacture knows more about the car than I do too :grin:

Unfortunately this section isn't filled with too many DIY'ers or a great deal of activity in general.
Thanks Alex! Although we have had members change the Fluid before the 5 Year mark, I prefer to follow the Hyundai SEVERE schedule.

If they say 5 Years the first time, well that is good enough for me! :banana:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well .. I'm proud to report that I just did a basic drain and fill of the radiator coolant @ 32,000 miles. I figured for $10 worth of coolant, I could spare an easy drain and fill. I just put the Entourage up on ramps and got underneath the radiator. There's a little green plug thing that you simply unscrew and you're done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts