Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
So you have your wife drive at 60mph+ and get her to pull her phone out and take a snap? ....smooth

:ROFLMAO:
For those of narrow minds...she was in back seat and reached around without disrupting the driver, me. If you wish to continue your foolishness, I suggest you bring it to me personally off this forum....

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
463 Posts
For those of narrow minds...she was in back seat and reached around without disrupting the driver, me. If you wish to continue your foolishness, I suggest you bring it to me personally off this forum....
You had your wife to a reach around at 63 mph? (y)

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
255 Posts
Regarding the question in the original post, "Have you come across any hidden/unexpected feature that you weren't expecting?"

Here's one. When I started my car yesterday (2019 Santa Fe SE), a message came on the dashboard telling me that I was running low on windshield washer fluid. None of my previous cars had this feature. Very helpful! It's no fun to run out of washer fluid in an ice storm.
I thought all newer cars did this?
My previous vehicle was a Chrylser which did this. You really have to give FCA kudos in their IP designs and infotainment software. There was a wealth of information in the driver display...battery voltage, coolant temp, tans temp, oil temp, tire pressure, you could see what gear trans is currently in [ without being in manual mode], etc. I miss being able to see all this info.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Essential
176 Posts
I thought all newer cars did this?
My previous vehicle was a Chrylser which did this. You really have to give FCA kudos in their IP designs and infotainment software. There was a wealth of information in the driver display...battery voltage, coolant temp, tans temp, oil temp, tire pressure, you could see what gear trans is currently in [ without being in manual mode], etc. I miss being able to see all this info.
My wife has a 2015 Elantra and there is not even a low wiper fluid warning light. You literally have to run out to know you are out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Radio/Audio "Quiet Mode" is a hidden feature that I use occasionally. I reported on it in this forum on Dec. 29, 2019. It became available with the latest NAV update. Quiet Mode mutes the rear speakers and is useful when you have kids/people in the backseat who are sleeping, playing video games or listening to their own music.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Essential
176 Posts
One thing I found on my old Santa Fe which I bought used, was the lumbar support button at the bottom of the seat where you usually find the power seat options. I bought it used and the previous person had it cranked all the way up and I couldn't figure out why the seat was so uncomfortable on long drives (my car had manual seats so I never thought to check there). After I found it by accident what a friggin relief once I adjusted it downwards! My 2019 has the same feature.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Never had a keyless car before this 2020 Santa Fe.... looked forever for an ignition slot so I could use ACC mode. Friend turned me onto putting the running car into neutral then shutting it off then putting the car into park.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,522 Posts
Never had a keyless car before this 2020 Santa Fe.... looked forever for an ignition slot so I could use ACC mode. Friend turned me onto putting the running car into neutral then shutting it off then putting the car into park.
You don’t have to do that neutral to park move. Instead, put in Park. After you press the button to turn it off, just press the button again without your foot on the pedal until you see ACC appear.

·
Registered
463 Posts
You don’t have to do that neutral to park move. Instead, put in Park. After you press the button to turn it off, just press the button again without your foot on the pedal until you see ACC appear.
OMG, listen to @PMCErnie. Don't turn your car off when in N with keyless ignition. Just search the internet for 'Star Trek' actor Anton Yelchin--not safe practice.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Navigation button on the rear-view mirror (has a picture of a road on it) works with Android Auto, even if your car is not equipped with navigation. It brings up Google Maps. (I'm assuming it does something similar with Apple CarPlay too, but can't confirm).

The hidden storage bins just behind the rear seat are excellent at keeping cold foods cold. Had a mix of cold and frozen foods in there for a 40 minute drive, no thawing whatsoever.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Essential
176 Posts
The storage bin in the back under the floor panel comes out completely. Not sure where I saw it but the sales guy had no idea. In case you need a little more room.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Then don't program the HomeLink, and just use the standard issue garage remotes and bring them inside each nite. My other car is a BMW, and it's the first car I've had with HomeLink (which I've had in my cars for 20 years) where the buttons don't work when the car is powered off. I think that's common in European cars, but I can't say for sure. My prior Acura, Honda, Lexus and Mazda all had HomeLink that worked when the car is off. So I guess most cars are "disappointing" in this regard.
I found this Link on disabling HomeLink when power is off in an older model Sienna. Not something I’m interested in undertaking.

I erased my garage door codes and will just resume bringing opener in on those nights when I leave my 2020 SF outside. Frustrating but apparently very common to HomeLink in many other car brands...

·
Registered
463 Posts
I found this Link on disabling HomeLink when power is off in an older model Sienna. Not something I’m interested in undertaking.

I erased my garage door codes and will just resume bringing opener in on those nights when I leave my 2020 SF outside. Frustrating but apparently very common to HomeLink in many other car brands...
How old are your garage door openers? My Genies date back to 2004, and the switch inside the garage has a "lock" feature. When the lock is engaged, the remotes won't work. So I can use this if I need to park outside. Your door also might have a slide lock along the edge to physically lock it on the garage track.

From Chamberlain website:
Lock button
The Lock button turns the Lock feature on/off. This feature is designed to prevent operation of the door from hand-held remote controls. However, the door will still open and close from the Push bar and the Keyless Entry.

• To activate: Press and hold the Lock button for 2 seconds. The Push bar indicator light will flash as long as the Lock is on.
  • To turn off: Press and hold the Lock button again for 2 seconds. The Push bar indicator light will stop flashing. Normal operation will resume. The Lock feature will also turn off whenever the "Smart" (Learn) button on the opener end panel is pressed.
Or Craftsman:

21 - 40 of 41 Posts