Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, is there an easy solution to convert the instrument cluster of the Canadian Model - Hybrid 2013 to Miles from KMs? Will be doing a lot of US driving soon.
Thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Unfortunately rshear, I've not read of any way to do this. If you do find out though, I know I'd be happy to hear how it can be done!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I will just go ask the dealer if they know how/if it can be done. My guess is no without paying for a conversion....and then is it just software or more than that? Will be back to report on this after speaking to Toronto Hyundai.

·
22,788 Posts
What happened to those dual analog speedometers? MPH were on the larger outer scale, KPM was on the inner, smaller scale. On Canadian rentals, the opposite was true.

Being a "stupid American tourist saved my bacon when a RCMP was nearby with his Kodak camera. I was driving a rental from the Vancouver airport and looking at the wrong scale.

Side note: Canadian law enforcement officers are really nice fellas, IMHO. At least that one was. He probably went back to the office and told his fellow Mounties, "Guys, you are not going to believe this knucklehead's story when I stopped him on the highway!

·
Registered
111 Posts
We've got MPH and KPH on our speedometers, but when you're looking at a road sign and it says "I75 - 4 Miles", it's a pain in the keyster to try and convert it in your head. I used to change my GPS to Miles so that everything would match up too. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to convert the kms to miles in my HSH.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts