Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched but didn't find anything.

I traded in my '15 Sonata Sport for a '16 Genesis. Love just about everything except for a few minor options; like a power port NOT being available for the rear seats. Also, and I hope there's a simple fix, but...

How do I have the car to maintain ECO MODE after shut off? Every time I start the car, it sets itself to NORMAL MODE. In the Sonata, except for SPORT, it would stay in whichever driving mode it was last set at before shut off. Please help!

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
120 Posts
That's interesting. I have a 2015 Sonata Limited. I don't think there is a "constant mode" in mine. I tend to drive in Sport. Whenever the car is turned off it seems to start in normal mode. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Genesis when my Sonata lease ends in January. Curious about your upgrade experience. Did Hyundai offer any particular incentives to entice you to upgrade?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's interesting. I have a 2015 Sonata Limited. I don't think there is a "constant mode" in mine. I tend to drive in Sport. Whenever the car is turned off it seems to start in normal mode. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Genesis when my Sonata lease ends in January. Curious about your upgrade experience. Did Hyundai offer any particular incentives to entice you to upgrade?
I got a Certified Pre Owned for $25K, marked down from $27K. Got them to waive 2 security upgrade fees. Plus, got the extended full 10 yr/100K mi. warranty, plus maintenance, and tire coverage. so, in total came out to about $33K.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got a Certified Pre Owned for $25K, marked down from $27K. Got them to waive 2 security upgrade fees. Plus, got the extended full 10 yr/100K mi. warranty, plus maintenance, and tire coverage. so, in total came out to about $33K.
I don't know much about Certified Pre Owned deals but it certainly sounds like you got a really nice car at a great savings. Congrats! Hope you enjoy your new ride 😎

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know much about Certified Pre Owned deals but it certainly sounds like you got a really nice car at a great savings. Congrats! Hope you enjoy your new ride 😎
I think I got a great deal. A CPO is pretty much a new car (because of all the inspections and replacements), plus the the full warranty is still honored. There isn't much different between the 15/16 (Hyundais) and the 17+ (Genesis), so to save around $20K, is a steal! And, it was ALL by design!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Have you put it in ECO and pressed the SET button on the steering wheel. Just a guess, maybe something in the menu. My 2016 HSH goes to ECO every time, but I want it that way. Remembering two other 2012 and 2014 Hyundai, the ECO button really did nothing on gas savings that we could see. But really crippled the acceleration. But that was tech years ago.

If there is a cigarette lighter plug in back, lots of 2 plug USB 2.5W DC adapters out there for $10. Usually way better power then the standard USB power offered in cars these days.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you put it in ECO and pressed the SET button on the steering wheel. Just a guess, maybe something in the menu. My 2016 HSH goes to ECO every time, but I want it that way. Remembering two other 2012 and 2014 Hyundai, the ECO button really did nothing on gas savings that we could see. But really crippled the acceleration. But that was tech years ago.

If there is a cigarette lighter plug in back, lots of 2 plug USB 2.5W DC adapters out there for $10. Usually way better power then the standard USB power offered in cars these days.
Not able to do what you suggested (as far as I can tell).

And, the only 2 cig lighter/power ports are under the center of the dash.The Sonata has 2 as well, however, 1 is under the center dash and the other is at the end of the center console so that it faces the rear passenger seats (which I loved!).

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just bought a 2019 Santa Fe. The 'Comfort' and 'Smart' modes will remain after an engine restart but the 'Sport' mode defaults back to Comfort. Pretty dumb in my opinion.

Too much of today's technology tries to dictate to you. Like, here's your choices, as long as you chose this one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts