Hyundai Forums banner

121 - 141 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
May 2015 Version 8/8.5 $99 sale

It appears MnSoft is running a $99 sale for Version 8/8.5 through May 31, with Version 9 releasing June 1.

Does anyone think they'll run a similar sale for Version 9 as they have in previous years?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just ordered V8.0 for my 2012 Sonata with free FedEx shipping for $99. This will be a huge upgrade / update for me as i am still on V3 that came with the car.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
It appears MnSoft is running a $99 sale for Version 8/8.5 through May 31, with Version 9 releasing June 1.

Does anyone think they'll run a similar sale for Version 9 as they have in previous years?
I hope they do. I got the 2-for-1 deal with v7 and 8, and given the nice Bluetooth enhancements that came with 8, I'm willing to give 9 a shot.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I hope they do. I got the 2-for-1 deal with v7 and 8, and given the nice Bluetooth enhancements that came with 8, I'm willing to give 9 a shot.
Still waiting for the USB to arrive. What bluetooth enhancements did they do on V8? I hope it connects with my phone better then it has been. Usually I have to shut off blue tooth on the phone and turn it back on to get it to connect. Actually, I usually just don't bother. :|

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Still waiting for the USB to arrive. What bluetooth enhancements did they do on V8? I hope it connects with my phone better then it has been. Usually I have to shut off blue tooth on the phone and turn it back on to get it to connect. Actually, I usually just don't bother. :|
In addition to the initial connection being much more stable, it will also prompt to reconnect if your phone leaves range or drops off for some reason. And if you stream audio through your phone, it now displays the artist and track, instead of just device name and blank lines.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Excuse the noob question, but we just got our Sonata on Saturday, is there a spot on the Nav to pull up the current version it's running?

Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
In addition to the initial connection being much more stable, it will also prompt to reconnect if your phone leaves range or drops off for some reason. And if you stream audio through your phone, it now displays the artist and track, instead of just device name and blank lines.
Thank you. I finally got the update installed this morning and all is well. No issues and things seem to be working fine. Real easy to do. To anyone nervous about doing this themselves, just follow the instructions and all will be well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The new Version 9 update is out, for $169-$219. I would get it, but I can't really afford that kind of money right now (I just moved to a new apartment.)

Does anyone here plan to get it?

·
Registered
214 Posts
The new Version 9 update is out, for $169-$219. I would get it, but I can't really afford that kind of money right now (I just moved to a new apartment.)

Does anyone here plan to get it?
Not me. I will stick with 8 until we trade in the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered my update Monday, although it didn't ship till yesterday (Thursday). I am looking forward to it because I travel a lot. It is a lot of money ($219 for my 2015 Sonata), but because of my traveling it will be worth it. I think that the need for this will go away with Android Auto and Apple Carplay very soon. It does offer a good (though expensive) backup for those systems..

Tim

·
Registered
13 Posts
One other comment.. I thought it made more sense to order the update right away - if I was going to update. This way I will make use of the navigation and extra information for a longer period.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2011 Elantra Limited with Nav and am researching upgrading to V9. I'm on the original software that came with car. Has anyone done this upgrade for this model? Of course I'm interested in the map updates, but more importantly for me would be any new features or improvements with the whole unit. What has your experience been?

Also, it is currently listed for $169 plus shipping. Does anyone know of any discount codes or ways to help reduce that large expense?

Thanks.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Does the version you know have show the speed limit on various highways? That is one of the more recent changes that I would assume would be on the Elantra's Nav.

·
Registered
214 Posts
For me here in VT it shows the speed limit on US highways and the Interstate. State & city roads a no go. My 10 year old Garmin I use in my pickup that hasn't had an update in 8 years does better showing speed limits. Pretty sad, really.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone with V8 updated to V9? My 2013 Sonata shipped with V5, I updated to V8 last year and have been very pleased with the improved Bluetooth functionality such as metadata on the nav screen. The only feature that's missing is for the vehicle to start up again on Bluetooth media after an ignition cycle, rather than defaulting back to the last used audio source before Bluetooth. Does V9 solve this? I've submitted this question to Mansoft but have not yet received a response.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sure would like to hear from anyone who updated to V9. Not much on the web page about actual updated/new features. Thanks.

Or any rumors about V10 releasing in May/June?

121 - 141 of 154 Posts