Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am most likely replacing my 2015 Sonata 2.0T and I am looking at a 2016 Equus Signature with 35k miles. Are there any issues that I should be aware of? I am kind of weary of the air suspension since I have never had one.. The dealer is asking $28.5k for this, do you think that is a good price?

An extended Platinum warranty through my credit union is $1,900 for an addition 75k miles. Would you suggest getting that? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Two of my Equus' have had transmission stuttering issues (2014 & 2016 model years) Neither were repaired by Hyundai, couldn't replicate the issue :/

I've never had an issue with the air suspension systems. I did have to replace an air strut due to a driver hitting a curb at speed.

The front bumpers are very delicate. If you damage the mounting tabs in the front wheel wells, you'll have to replace the whole bumper.
I replaced one bumper myself, cost $675.00 including new bumper and repaint.

I'd estimate the five/six Equus I've owned, they've travelled 450K to 500K miles.

I like their used value now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You are asking about buying MY equus. Same year, type, mileage. I would say that it's a deal. I have had no issues at this point.

As to the extended warranty, I'd be inclined to buy it. These cars have some very expensive parts.

Even with the cost of the extended warranty, I say buy. If I had the garage space, I'd buy it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts