Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was driving on the Motorway and all of a sudden the car stopped when checked the connecting rod had come off the Engine, and there a big hole.
I always ensure that the Engine Oil is unto the level even then this has happend. The car is only driven for 63000 miles and I did not expect this to happen from a car that is manufactured by one of the best car makers in the world.

Speaking to my mechanic I have been adviced to scrap the car is this correct?

Can Hyundai help me in this regard

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are you the original owner?

I would think that would be covered under the 100k mile warranty.

How is the body of the car? It still might be worth it to buy a used engine and have it installed.

Scott

·
Registered
448 Posts
If it has 63000 miles and the timing belt wasn't changed, it may have broken causing this, plus more damage - at speed, it doesn't take that much to snap a con-rod.

In your position, I would look for a good used motor and I would also ensure that ALL maintenance was done to it before installation, including the timing belt.

·
Registered
460 Posts
QUOTE (Praks gupta @ Oct 24 2010, 12:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365755
Hello,

I was driving on the Motorway and all of a sudden the car stopped when checked the connecting rod had come off the Engine, and there a big hole.
I always ensure that the Engine Oil is unto the level even then this has happend. The car is only driven for 63000 miles and I did not expect this to happen from a car that is manufactured by one of the best car makers in the world.

Speaking to my mechanic I have been adviced to scrap the car is this correct?

Can Hyundai help me in this regard
I can happen to any car at anytime. Changing an engine is expensive unless you go the secondhand route. I do like your comment about the best car makers in the world but as a tech Hyundai seem to be going down the Toyota route or were they there already????.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts