Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey!
Just wondering if anyone can help me please... I have recently bought rear speakers for my Excel Lx 1994 and my friend had a go at installing them for me, but there was a problem - he couldnt get the middle console (the section with the cd player, clock air conditioning etc) off. It seems that it might be connected right in the middle with some very hard to reach screws... does anyone know how to get the console out? otherwise ill have to pay for it to be done! noooooo! hahahaha :p

·
Registered
329 Posts
If I'm understanding what part you are talking about - i.e. the one with the shift lever -- You have to remove the rear console first. There is a mounting bracket at the very back of the front console that you can only get at with the rear console out of the way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
:) Hey my boyfriend use to put the stereo's in my car but there i no way i would let any one go near my hundi now. the best thing you can do is pay for it to be put in there by a pro. it might $$ but you'll know its going to work and you wont see your car inside out.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The problem that your boyfriend is having is that the climate control cables are still connected.
There are four clips also that are situated behind the facia that you are trying to remove, howvere be careful because these clips will almost definitely pop off and you will loose them down the dash and carpet, not a fun job trying to find them.

Your climate control cables are held in by a clip on the heater box which also act as your adjustment clips, and a clip on the control leuver on the heater box itself.
There are two of these that can be accessed from the drivers side, and the other must be disconnected from behind the gove box.

There are also two screw to take out once you have removed the ashray.

Good Luck! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
My boyfriend removed the head unit in my 94 excel (3door) by unscrewing the two screws in the ashtray.
He then removed the end black buttons on either end of the heating control (usually blank) with a flathead screwdriver. Behind those were two screws, remove those, give it a tug and it will come out.

He then removed the wiring from the original radio and cut the plastic plug and exposed the wires.
The only trouble is that we can't work out which wires in the car match the wires for the new head unit.
If anyone could give some advice as to what each wire is it would be greatly appreciated :unsure:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts