Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two displays that I can't figure out what their purpose is.
I forget what the actual labels are but I am sure you will know what I am referring to;
1: The planet with little what looks like petals around the bottom.
2: The eco 'score' where the number seem to be going up.
Other than looking pretty what is the purpose of these??

Also why is it that the instant mileage doesn't show zero when you are stopped and everything is shut down, in traffic or at a stop light or moving as an EV. You aren't or haven't used any gas in the last 2 seconds.

So can somebody please enlighten me to their uses?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
The Planet/Flower display is like a visual score card depending on how many ECO points you get by driving efficiently. The display will build with more planets or mountains, trees, fences and wind machines as your score goes up. We use the Flower mode display.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/229-sonata-yf-hybrid/181441-lets-compare-ecoscores.html

Again the Instant MPG display shows how efficient the hybrid system (HV Battery, Electric Motor, & Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)) is at using fuel over a period of time. When you are stopped at a light or let your foot off the pedal your display will show the max mpg of 50 as the Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) is shut down.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just a quick note on the zero l/100 part. Actually the Canadian model should show zero l/100 when in EV mode however it does not for some reason.

I wanted to drop a note to Hyundai about that but totally forgot. The US counterpart appears to be fine as the MPG meter maxes out but ours will stick to something close to 4-5 l/100. In my case, when the car does its EV cycles, whenever the ICE kicks in I see my l/100 meter go up about 1-2 notches (at what would be close to 6l/100) and when EV kicks in, it goes back down to about 4l/100. So on flat ground, when cycling EV, the meter barely moves.

I thought that one of the things Hyundai would proudly show would be a zero l/100 whenever possible :). I am doing that in my head for now :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts