Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropped my car off at the dealership for P0010 and P2088 code for check engine light.
Service representative said actuator is not covered under powertrain warranty.

Sonata 2015 SE is at 65,000 miles.

Also charging me $130 for the diagnosis that I already did.

Will give Hyundai a call but just asking for some public opinion, feedback.

Thanks.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Just dropped my car off at the dealership for P0010 and P2088 code for check engine light.

Thanks.
The warranty should be explained in your manual/warranty in the glove box. That's if you are the original owner, Seems to me the cam sensor/actuator should be under warranty which would include the diagnostics.

Best practices for requesting help:

* Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
* Do a seach for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
* Do not double post for the same problem.
* Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
* VIN number can be very helpful.
* Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
* Describe the problem the best you can.
* Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
* If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.
* If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's an issue they see many times they will generate a safety recall or do a TSB. This is how they know.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
863 Posts
$130 to read two codes from a code scanner is excessive. Takes me 10 minutes to do it. I agree with charging for diagnostics as some people will take the information and fix themselves or to another garage.

As has been said, what's in "power train"? Dealerships try to get off warranty work as it pays less.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
$130 to read two codes from a code scanner is excessive. Takes me 10 minutes to do it. I agree with charging for diagnostics as some people will take the information and fix themselves or to another garage.

As has been said, what's in "power train"? Dealerships try to get off warranty work as it pays less.
Not all dealerships are like that. Some don't like having to deal with the factory rep and waiting for reimbursement and if that's the case I would never darken the entrance to their dealership again.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts

Thanks.
Do you want help? Read my Best practices for requesting help. Are you the original owner. If so I may be able to get your diagnostic fee back and get you the correct fix for free but you'll need to stay in contact. Also save all your billing invoices.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am the original owner.
They have not contacted me on the root of the CEL, confirm/deny whether warranty is applicable, or provide me the detailed bill.
I understand that my identification of the codes should be taken with a grain of salt.

I told the advisor about the codes, and the initial kneejerk reaction was actuator isn't covered under the power train warranty.

It appears the group consensus is that it should be covered under the power train warranty...

I will keep you guys informed.

On an side note, I have a conspiracy theory that the ecm recall update a year and half ago, may have resulted (over time) for this other failure mode to occur.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I am the original owner.
They have not contacted me on the root of the CEL, confirm/deny whether warranty is applicable, or provide me the detailed bill.

They charged you and didn't give an invoice of work done? Should indicate the DTC's and recommendations.

I understand that my identification of the codes should be taken with a grain of salt.

I told the advisor about the codes, and the initial kneejerk reaction was actuator isn't covered under the power train warranty.

It appears the group consensus is that it should be covered under the power train warranty...

I will keep you guys informed.

On an side note, I have a conspiracy theory that the ecm recall update a year and half ago, may have resulted (over time) for this other failure mode to occur.
I doubt that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure if all dealers are like this, but seems like your dealer is like mine. They love to say "that's not covered under warranty." I'm pretty sure that's definitely a powertrain fault and should be completely free to repair and diagnose (assuming no other faults.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts