Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Santa Fe XL Luxury
39 Posts
A regular water hose with a good strong spray should be able to get rid of debris between the fins without removing the bumper fascia. Or remove the fascia and use a vacuum cleaner.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you are right for the condenser. I wanted to clean the evaporator. Will appreciate

·
Registered
2017 Santa Fe XL Luxury
39 Posts
Your post title was confusing. There are youtube videos out there on how to get rid of mold and bad smells. For me, removing the cabin filter and spraying Lysol in the vents can really help. Just make sure your fan is on high and your windows are open. Use half a can per side. This video shows another method and might help too...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent vid. I don’t have a problem with smell. Just wanted to clean the evaporator to have colder AC. Here, it is over 100 in the summer. Will your procedure serves the purpose.

Saw posts recommending to spray through glove compartment cabin; under the filter!!

·
Registered
2017 Santa Fe XL Luxury
39 Posts
Truly the best way to clean the evaporator would be to agitate it's surface with a brush and then vacuum up the debris but that would be impossible short of taking the dash apart. There might be adjacent access hatches but I don't think you would be able to do a thorough enough job. Best bet is to try spraying a "cleaner" in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts