Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 hyundai i20, can anyone tell me if they are having the same problem with condensation as i am? the car constantly has condensation on the windscreen inside, even during the day if i take the car to the shops when i return it is covered in condensation, i have never had this with any other car ive owned...is this a problem for anyone else or does the car need to go back? especially as where i am at the moment is -4 degrees and last night the condensation had obviously frozen to the windscreen

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi

I would recommend you take your car back to the dealership as there are some problems with the i20 windscreen
not being sealed properly and this can cause the windscreen to steam up as you are experiencing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Condensation can happen with any car, I've just got my i-20 two weeks ago, and because of the cold weather, do find that there is condensation on the windscreen (also happend with my last car). Running the Air-Con for a few minutes usually clears this quite quickly. In fact my a/c seems to come on automatically almost every time I switch on the ignition, so not sure if that is a fault or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (n_09 @ Nov 27 2010, 02:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375114
I have a 2009 hyundai i20, can anyone tell me if they are having the same problem with condensation as i am? the car constantly has condensation on the windscreen inside, even during the day if i take the car to the shops when i return it is covered in condensation, i have never had this with any other car ive owned...is this a problem for anyone else or does the car need to go back? especially as where i am at the moment is -4 degrees and last night the condensation had obviously frozen to the windscreen

Thanks
complain to the dealer or the store where you bought it :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
QUOTE (Eskimo @ Jan 14 2011, 03:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=390787
Condensation can happen with any car, I've just got my i-20 two weeks ago, and because of the cold weather, do find that there is condensation on the windscreen (also happend with my last car). Running the Air-Con for a few minutes usually clears this quite quickly. In fact my a/c seems to come on automatically almost every time I switch on the ignition, so not sure if that is a fault or not.
I get some problems with condensation but not many, a/c soon clears it. It might be worth getting the dealer to have a look, make sure its all sealed and no leaks anywhere else.

Eskimo, if you have the ventilation control set to demist the a/c will automatically come on. I usually leave mine on part feet and part middle vents setting, only switching to demist if I need to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (sierra @ Jan 20 2011, 09:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=392493
I get some problems with condensation but not many, a/c soon clears it. It might be worth getting the dealer to have a look, make sure its all sealed and no leaks anywhere else.

Eskimo, if you have the ventilation control set to demist the a/c will automatically come on. I usually leave mine on part feet and part middle vents setting, only switching to demist if I need to.

My car has major issues with condensation and I have repeatedly taken it back to the dealership. On the last trip, they kept the car for a month and one of the managers took a photo or the excess condensation. I was then told by the owner of the dealership that "i had the issue" not the car!! I have taken this to customer services who have also said that the dealership only saw the issue once and therefore I would need to find the leak/issue if I wanted to take things further. This has been ongoing now for 18 months and I am totally fed up and on't know what to do now. Last week the car went back as there was an issue with the exhaust pistons (i think) and that it would take 2 months for them to sort it out. I am stuck with a car that stinks of damp,ices on the inside in the winter and no one is interested in doing anything as they have my money. Any ideas on what to do next would be welcomed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (n_09 @ Nov 27 2010, 01:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375114

Thanks
How did you rectify that problem? I have 2010 Hyundai i20 and is facing the same issue how do i solve it

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (wilc @ Apr 15 2011, 04:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=430904
My car has major issues with condensation and I have repeatedly taken it back to the dealership. On the last trip, they kept the car for a month and one of the managers took a photo or the excess condensation. I was then told by the owner of the dealership that "i had the issue" not the car!! I have taken this to customer services who have also said that the dealership only saw the issue once and therefore I would need to find the leak/issue if I wanted to take things further. This has been ongoing now for 18 months and I am totally fed up and on't know what to do now. Last week the car went back as there was an issue with the exhaust pistons (i think) and that it would take 2 months for them to sort it out. I am stuck with a car that stinks of damp,ices on the inside in the winter and no one is interested in doing anything as they have my money. Any ideas on what to do next would be welcomed.
You have a water ingress issue. If the dealer isn't interested in sorting it out under warranty, find one who is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts