Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone discovered a crafty way of storing / concealing their iPod while connected to the cable? the compartment above the plug-in and cig lighters would be perfect, but it wont close'nicely' over the cord. I've been debating taking a Dremel to it and simply carving out an indent on the side, but sincemy car is a lease, i would prefer to avoid that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The well is deep enough that I just put a small travel pkg of Kleenex over the Ipod, from the outside you will never know it's there plus when I get the 35% tint done this weekend it will virtually disappear.

I addition to the Above you could also open the compartment when away fro the vehicle as well that will provide some additional hiding capabilities

·
Registered
57 Posts
QUOTE (SeattleGuy @ May 12 2010, 12:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322135
Has anyone discovered a crafty way of storing / concealing their iPod while connected to the cable? the compartment above the plug-in and cig lighters would be perfect, but it wont close'nicely' over the cord. I've been debating taking a Dremel to it and simply carving out an indent on the side, but sincemy car is a lease, i would prefer to avoid that.

Haven't looked but maybe run the cord through the back/bottom of the compartment? Even if you did dremel, it would be hidden.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I put the ipod in an old Oakley sunglass microfiber pouch. It's dark gray and I just coil the cable over it. The whole thing more or less just disapears.
I'm pretty sure you can get the cloth pouchs where ever they sell Oakley glasses. It should only be a couple of dollars.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Someone should investigate removing the panel that the USB port is coming through, and see if there is a way to tap into the wiring behind it and solder in a USB Y-cable and have one of the Y's come out somerwhere else under the dashboard where you could hide your iPods or external hard drives. I would imagine that the car wouldnt have a problem with a Y-splitter as long as you didnt plug two things into it at once.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Typical USB connectors have 4 connection contacts. Putting a splitter might not be a problem if the intend is to provide power to connected devices (in this case only 2 contacts are splitted). If data interchange is desired, then only one device can (should) be done successfully.

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (hancydan @ May 13 2010, 12:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322553
Typical USB connectors have 4 connection contacts. Putting a splitter might not be a problem if the intend is to provide power to connected devices (in this case only 2 contacts are splitted). If data interchange is desired, then only one device can (should) be done successfully.
I agree 100%. The only reason I suggested a Y-splitter would be to retain use of the stock port when needed, but offer another way of having an auxilliary cable that could be tucked away and hide your iPod or external hard drive if you wished. You would just have to be real careful not to use both USB ports at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts