Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm so sick of hearing people bitchin about the accent. i own a 03 accent and it runs great. i looked into buying a civic, but in the tuner world, who doesnt have one? even my 54 yr old mom has 17's on her civic. even though there are few parts available for accents, they are coming out more and more. with a few mods that i did, the car responds very well. i have no problems with it and i hope hyundai starts to be reconized a good car company. i have owned a honda that blew its motor at 65,000 miles and a nissan that blew its tranny at 27,000 miles. thats not saying much for them, is it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hyundai might not be up to the standards of the Japanese (yet -- they're catching up quick). But I have to say they're well ahead of European brands like Renault, Peugeot, Fiat and even VW, and have been for at least the last five years.

The Accent seemed to have one or two issues when the new one came out in 2000 (dodgy clutches leading to tranny failure being the main problem) but these will mostly have been fixed under warranty and generally the car is tough and reliable. We've all just been spoilt by Corollas and Civics I think :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
In a recent UK reliability ratings check - Hyundai came out in the top 4 or 5 - with all the makes in the top 4 or 5 having exactly the same safety rating. I never got to read it, but apparently makes like BMW and Mercedes were quite a way down the list - that and in the UK Hyundai are to only manufacturer to offer a 5 year unlimited mileage and ownership warrenty. For the price you really can't beat a Hyundai these days! :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
Both the Elantra and the Excel offer a lot of value compared to other vehicles in the same price range. We have an Elantra now and will probably consider an Excel when the old Civic finally gives up the ghost.

On another forum I came across a line praising Hyundai fan sites as a good source of information. Something along the lines of.. "they will complain - unlike some sites, where they praise their favorite make even if it blew up."

I don't mind some of the complaints - its a good way for people who are shopping to learn more about what these cars offer and what the limitations are - things a lot of salespeople are not going to tell you.

I'm sure that Hyundai - like just about every other company today - has people trolling the 'net for this kind of data. A lot of the fixes, features and mods we'll see upcoming will be based on owner feedback like ours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Accent, what can i say?
In Australia, it was small car of the year for 2001, 2002 and runner up to the Getz in 2003 and 2004...

It's the first car i ahve owned, but i have driven a few others, and so far, i am VERY pleased i bought an Accent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe your one of the lucky ones, that got a car that truly runs good. I got a 2002 accent, brand new. The 4 month that I own it, i started having transmission problems. Before the first year I had the transmission replace, then about 7 months later they had to replace the transmission again. I keep having problems with it still. They fix it and it runs good for 2 or 3 months, and there I go again to the service dept with the same issue..they fix, and it goes out..Something is terribly wrong. Thank goodness for the warranty..but I was finally told by the service person that the accents do have transmission issues. Never again, will I purchase an accent..I feel that it is not a dependable car at all..

You consider yourself one of the lucky ones, if you havent had problems with your transmission YET..

Originally posted by 03accentgl@Aug 24 2004, 09:26 AM
i'm so sick of hearing people bitchin about the accent. i own a 03 accent and it runs great. i looked into buying a civic, but in the tuner world, who doesnt have one? even my 54 yr old mom has 17's on her civic. even though there are few parts available for accents, they are coming out more and more. with a few mods that i did, the car responds very well. i have no problems with it and i hope hyundai starts to be reconized a good car company. i have owned a honda that blew its motor at 65,000 miles and a nissan that blew its tranny at 27,000 miles. thats not saying much for them, is it
[snapback]888[/snapback]​

·
Registered
3 Posts
:p
Hey! Since we all own Accents, be proud of it, well it's not the best car in the world but it's beautiful in it's own right. I must admit that Japanese engines are better but the car's for transport, not racing right? So why spend so much when you can get as much from an Accent! Furthermore, the accent is the hyundai 'make' for rally participation so WOW! ****, still looking for sites that show how to make the hyundai accent look nicer, the skeleton of the car i mean, i'm looking to design it more and i'm not talking about a re-spray, can anyone help?
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Originally posted by doors@Oct 19 2004, 05:42 AM
:p
Hey! Since we all own Accents, be proud of it, well it's not the best car in the world but it's beautiful in it's own right. I must admit that Japanese engines are better but the car's for transport, not racing right?
[snapback]1826[/snapback]​

Hyundai is releasing new [email protected] 2.4 l ceta engine with variable valve timing on the newest Sonata model. This engine is more powerful than 2.4 litre Honda Accord VTEC & Toyota Camry VVTI.

According to Hyundai engineer in Korea (he is a member here). They will also release 233 HP 3.3 litre V6 Ramda engine in 2006 . More detail about Ceta & Ramda engine can be found here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts