Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I am compiling a list of stories of Hyundai Tiburon owners who have suffered the fate worse than death, premature clutch failure.

The issue caused enough grief in the United States to start a class action against Hyundai, which Hyundai is in the process of resolving with a payout
to all affected customers.

If there are any Tiburon owners who would like to message me about their experiences, I am compiling a log of experiences to take to
the Department of Consumer Protection in order to attain the rightful outcome - coverage of clutch replacement under warranty for a defective
mechanical part. Hyundai have been getting away with this for too long.

Please contact me via PM to discuss further, discretion is assured.

Much appreciated,

Ben.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
I think all the so called "clutch failure" is actually the failure of the hydraulic system. Hydraulics get hung up and the clutch won't engage and/or disengage, which leads to clutch slip. People don't identify the problem correctly, and HMC is loath to fix it under warranty work because owners continue to drive it until it's burnt. There's no service schedule for the clutch fluid (at least not in my owners manual) so nobody bleeds it, which I think is the big mistake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts