Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.I'm new here.In fact this is my second post.I am searching for competition parts for hyundai accent 1.3 and I can't find anywhere for my engine.I find only for the 1.5 and 1.6.Maybe do you know where I can find?

I'm also wondering,does anybody knows the homepage of msd (hyundai accent wrc creators)

You can see my car here because I have a problem to upload the photo in my profile:
Photo of my car

Manos

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey man, your car looks really nice. Which front bumper do you have on there? Also, what suspension did you use to get it that low? Looks good. Anyway, I have never seen anything for your vehicle, you may have to get everything custom. Although you may be able to do an engine swap to something that would have more support. Putting a 1.6 in there might help you out quite a bit, but if you were to swap I would go straight to the 2.0 Beta, then turbo and all those other goodies would be easy to come by. But of course, that isn't the cheapest route to go. Do a search of posts made by me, and you should find a list of useful websites. You may be able to find something there, I haven't checked them all out so I'm not 100% sure. Good luck with your search!

B)

·
Registered
422 Posts
That is the best bet I reckon. Upgrade your engine size.

You may end up spending a fair bit of money just to get the performance up to the standard 1.6L.

Get yourself a low mileage 1.5 or 1.6l motor, the start on that.
There is a significant power difference in the two different motors.

Oh hang on a minute don't tell me you live in one of those countries where the engine size is restricted?
Because that would be a litle bit of a problem!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't want to change the engine because I want to participate in local races(rally) so you can't put whatever engine you want.There are some rules.

The front bumber is handmade and is a copy of a hyundai accent wrc 3.The car isn't so low but because I'm in the middle of a race and I'm turning...(that's why I have different wheels front and rear).The springs are eibach 3cm lower.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
There are virtually no performance tuning parts for the 1.3 in the U.K., as this engine is seen purely as an economy model here. Actually not much is made for any Accent for the same reason!.

The 2.0 Beta swap is popular in the U.S.A. (& Australia, where it is offered commercially)........this, because of it`s light weight, gives the car a very good power-to-weight ratio & there is a lot of aftermarket tuning available for this engine!.

Could you not move up a class?.
Nick.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What type of racing do you do?
Would a custom turbo project be ok for your class? Custom engine work and a turbo would be a good thing to do if possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by 801Excel@Dec 1 2004, 08:17 AM
What type of racing do you do?
Would a custom turbo project be ok for your class? Custom engine work and a turbo would be a good thing to do if possible.
[snapback]3189[/snapback]​

The only things I can change,are:

cams,exhaust,air intake,ecu.Nothing else.
Right now I have:
cold air intake with "green" filter,middle and rear exhaust system 48",spurk plugs with 4-head spurks "bosch".The only things I need are: the cam and the front part of the exhaust,and after these a different program on the ecu.
I also have:
ebc brake pads "green stuff"(from honda accord '85!) competition high pression pumps(?),eibach springs with bi-mors(handmade with personal adjustments)shock absorbers,strut aluminium bar front,spark pro 2000 homologated seat and sparco red homologated seat belts.Exterior:185/55/14 goodyear eagle with alessio wheels,and front bumber copy of an accent wrc '03,with safety pins sparco on the hood.There are also a lot of details on the car but my english is not so good (you 'll definitely notised that) so...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts