Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a compass-nav system since 2011. It had been working great,however, the screen died all of the sudden. I can still hear the radio, and everything, but the screen just blacked out. I tried to contact the company but no answer. Anyone know anything going on with this company? or any info on where I can buy a replacement screen? much appreciated. thank you.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
You need a replacement GPS, not the screen. It was happening to our 2014 SFS. Once a month or more the GPS screen would go blank, work when we restarted the car. We got it replaced under warranty.

I'll assume yours is out of warranty. I would check with the dealer...ha ... ha.. for a refurbished price. You can check on line, but how are you going to replace it. They don't just pop out. I would try a couple car stereo stores, maybe an entire new stereo or what they would charge to get a refurb and replace it.

It won't be cheap for a good one.

·
Registered
480 Posts
You need a replacement GPS, not the screen. It was happening to our 2014 SFS. Once a month or more the GPS screen would go blank, work when we restarted the car. We got it replaced under warranty.

I'll assume yours is out of warranty. I would check with the dealer...ha ... ha.. for a refurbished price. You can check on line, but how are you going to replace it. They don't just pop out. I would try a couple car stereo stores, maybe an entire new stereo or what they would charge to get a refurb and replace it.

It won't be cheap for a good one.
It sounds like you're talking about a stock head unit rather than a Compass-Nav.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I attached some pictures. The screen can be taken out by 4 screws on the sides. This happened before. Charles of compass-nav sent me a replacement screen. But now I can't get a hold of anyone there. Radio still works, bluetooth still works as I can hear music thru bluetooth and radio. The screen is totally went black. I tried to unhooked/hook the wires, still no work.

Attachments

·
Registered
911 Posts
I installed mine in about May 2012. About two years later, my screen died too (I suspect heat caused it). Charles replaced the screen no charge. It was easy to remove and replace, simple job. Been great ever since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts