Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In October 2012 bought from Charles that unit. Deal was nice and fast. Told him that will use it outside of North America, and it was OK.

Just one month ago we had a chance to install it and unit didnt work well. First of all, it has sonata logo on the screen, second right side buttons are not responding when you touch them, as well radio screen is not appearing at all, but radio is working...

Sent email to Charles asking for help. He responded right away asking for serial number and told that because it was not installed right away and used (how the heck it was used I dont know!!) in different country he cant do anything...After I responded to him, that people do installation etc..when they have a chance, gave him a link for video etc...no responds for 3 weeks already.

What I assume is even you cant miss any connections, probably there is some wiring problem, but it needs some guidelines which can be provided no matter what, also swapping logo must not be hard at all...well, up to now there is no respond. therefore I will not recommend buying it from such seller even he was officially supporter for this forum.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Dear Sir / Madame,

We are very sorry to see that you are experiencing problem with your Compass-NAV system. Personally, I'm not sure if the forum is the right approach to resolve an issue. As far we know, we responded to all your emails in a timely manner and always been open to help.

We initially received your email on late February 5th asking for support where we responded next day. In this email you also mentioned your would bring back the system with you on February 12 for diagnosis or repair.

At this point we were already concerned because the meaning was the system wasn't in Canada where it was originally sold but we kept the conversation going until your return on February 12.

On February 19, we received an email from you asking if you could still count on us to support you. We feel we never refused to help and we sent you that email the same day at 2:58 PM:

Hello Mxxxx,

Happy to hear from you! From our last conversation, we were waiting for your return to Canada to start the process so I think there was a confusion between you and I. All is good :)

I’m always ready to help whenever I can do. Like I explained to you on my last email, I have very high concerns about the CN-M5 system that was installed rencently and please let me share those concerns with you.

1- Radio Version: The system was purchased in late 2012 but just installed recently, no problem so far. The concern I have is Hyundai is changing their radio models every 1 or 2 years. Actually, the Elantra radio model was changed in mid 2013. The kit you purchased is compatible with the North American 2011-13 model and can’t be installed on the latest model. Actually it can be dangerous and the radio can burn if the wrong kit is used. So buying a system 1 year before its installation can be dangerous because we don’t know in which model the customer will install it.

2- Country of install: Our systems were designed and certified to be compatible with North American Hyundai & Kia vehicles. When you purchased our system in Canada, it was unclear for us if the system would be installed in a Canadian car or a foreign country. I remember you asked if the GPS would work in Columbia, certainly it will, but the initial reasoning was the car would travel from Canada to Columbia for vacations. We have customers travelling from Canada to Mexico and other south countries but the initial point of install was Canada or USA. It doesn’t mean our system won’t work in other counties, I’m just saying that radio version may vary from country to country and we have to work case by case and that’s why we aren’t selling to other countries than USA & Canada.

3- Our support: Mxxx, we never ever let a customer down without ressources. Your case has fallen into the exceptions and we will do whatever we can to help. I understand it’s not a pleasant situation for you, your husband and I but feel reassured, we will find a solution. We take pride in what we are doing and you are in good hands.

Mxxxx, to start the troubleshooting process, I need:

1- Car model, year of manufacture, trim (GL, GLS, etc..)
2- A picture of the original radio faceplate, top of radio and back.
3- Picture your husband might have taken during install.

Let me know!

Regards,

Sir / Madame, we never got a reply to this email and your forum message was posted the same day.

Please get back to us urgently so we can help you like we always did with all of our customers.

Have a good day.

Sincerely,

Charles Jean
President
Compass-NAV inc.

In October 2012 bought from Charles that unit. Deal was nice and fast. Told him that will use it outside of North America, and it was OK.

Just one month ago we had a chance to install it and unit didnt work well. First of all, it has sonata logo on the screen, second right side buttons are not responding when you touch them, as well radio screen is not appearing at all, but radio is working...

Sent email to Charles asking for help. He responded right away asking for serial number and told that because it was not installed right away and used (how the heck it was used I dont know!!) in different country he cant do anything...After I responded to him, that people do installation etc..when they have a chance, gave him a link for video etc...no responds for 3 weeks already.

What I assume is even you cant miss any connections, probably there is some wiring problem, but it needs some guidelines which can be provided no matter what, also swapping logo must not be hard at all...well, up to now there is no respond. therefore I will not recommend buying it from such seller even he was officially supporter for this forum.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I got your message Charles. Thanks that you gonna help...prbably you were busy these days, no hard fillings.

At this time we are not in Colombia where car is, so upon returning back I gonna call you thru skype (if you have one) and then we will go from there...I guess it would be somewhere by the end of may...I will keep in touch with you...Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
The fact that a company offers customer service on electronics well over a year (October 2012 to February 2014) after the original purchase date says a lot about their committment to customer satisfaction. Sounds like it is getting resolved!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fact that a company offers customer service on electronics well over a year (October 2012 to February 2014) after the original purchase date says a lot about their committment to customer satisfaction. Sounds like it is getting resolved!
nope. Never resolved. Unit was sold off ebay. Next time will prefer to deal with Unavi or somebody else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts