Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone, :)
My name is Thamil, living in S'pore. I'm a new Matrix user, I've just bought my Matrix (Auto-1.6 lit) a month ago and completed first service (@ 1000 km) from komoco. When I tried with Shell 98 at very first time, my matrix gave me a very good mileage approx. 11.3 km/lit. At this time I drove light foot acceleration not exceeding the engine 2500 rpm & Max speed @ 80 - 90 Km/Hr. Then I've tried with Mobile 98, almost the same style of what I described before, but my mileage approx. 9.7 km/ lit. After that I started to use BP 98 (because of more discount rate :D ), average mileage around 10.5 km/lit. Most of the time light footed but some times more acceleration due to traffic circumstances. 2500 to 3000 RPM & 90 to 110 km/hr. are the average now a days.

I'm using 75 - 80% Highway & 20 - 25% city traffic. No other extra fittings / loads on my car.

10.5 km /lit., Is it the healthy figure for Matrix? Are there any other possibilities to get good mileage?

Those who are using petrol other than 98, will you be able to get more mileage? Please advise me.

Thanks & regards,
Thamil

·
Registered
13 Posts
my personal experience is that SHELL 98 gives better mileage. i tried it with my sonata.

Originally posted by TML@Nov 13 2004, 10:49 AM
Hi to everyone,  :)
My name is Thamil, living in S'pore. I'm a new Matrix user,  I've just bought my Matrix (Auto-1.6 lit) a month ago and completed first service (@ 1000 km) from komoco. When I tried with Shell 98 at very first time, my matrix gave me a very good mileage approx. 11.3 km/lit. At this time I drove light foot acceleration not exceeding the engine 2500 rpm & Max speed @ 80 - 90 Km/Hr.  Then I've tried with Mobile 98, almost the same style of what I described before, but my mileage approx. 9.7 km/ lit. After that I started to use BP 98 (because of more discount rate :D ), average mileage around 10.5 km/lit. Most of the time light footed but some times more acceleration due to traffic circumstances. 2500 to 3000 RPM & 90 to 110 km/hr. are the average now a days.

I'm using 75 - 80% Highway & 20 - 25% city traffic. No other extra fittings / loads on my car.

10.5 km /lit.,  Is it the healthy figure for Matrix? Are there any other possibilities to get good mileage?

Those who are using petrol other than 98, will you be able to get more mileage? Please advise me.

Thanks & regards,
Thamil
[snapback]2693[/snapback]​

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm using Shell V-power. Mileage is about 10.5 ~ 11 km/litre on Matrix;
12.5 ~ 13 km/litre on Toyota corona.
Though price is a little more expensive, it's nourishing food for engine. :)
More addictive = more power = smoother ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts