Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone has any rust showing up on the 2006-2011 Accents?
I have rustproofed every few years and would like to prevent any rust.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Curious if anyone has any rust showing up on the 2006-2011 Accents?
I have rustproofed every few years and would like to prevent any rust.
What service do you get? Shouldn't need to do it that often. Are you seeing rust?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been using Rustcheck every 3 years or so. No rust so far. I'm thinking of stretching it to 4 years. Just want to know if there are problem areas on this Line of Accents.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Been using Rustcheck every 3 years or so. No rust so far. I'm thinking of stretching it to 4 years. Just want to know if there are problem areas on this Line of Accents.
What is their guaranty? On your next vehicle use a company that does Ziebart and it's lifetime. Best rustproofing in the business.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry been off the site for a while.
The guarranty is only good if you spray every year since new. That said the stuff that stays liquid (Krown or Rust Check) is the best you can get in Ontario.
Using the stuff for 30 years on the family fleet never any rust and they salt like crazy up here.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I've got some on the rear drivers side wheel arch. And behind the tires where the water and rocks splash. Subframe can rust pretty bad. My PS high pressure pipe rusted out this fall. It runs along the rack from once side to the other. 165K miles now.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got some on the rear drivers side wheel arch. And behind the tires where the water and rocks splash. Subframe can rust pretty bad. My PS high pressure pipe rusted out this fall. It runs along the rack from once side to the other. 165K miles now.
Thanks for the info. I'll pay special attention to those areas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts