Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i been using all 3 after every fill up and never really noticed any considerable gas mileage difference. Was wondering what does "Smart" mode do? Is it just a hybrid between comfort and sport? wish it came with a dedicated Eco mode. When would you use comfort, sport and smart modes? Does it only change the wheel distribution from the front to rear tires? I assume that sport mode would also give it a little more pep.

On a side note, anyone with an orange, blue or red santa fe - does the surround view camera show your car color in the image or is it the default silver color? I have gray with a sunroof but notice it's a silver color with no sun roof. Just curious. :smile:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure what all it does, but smart mode basically changes between comfort and sport based on real time driver input. If you get on it, it changes to sport mode. If you are just cruising around, it changes to comfort.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I also have the gray and it shows what looks more like white to me and no sunroof on the surround view camera.
I have been keeping mine set on smart mode.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea. Just filled up my tank from empty after being in smart mode all week. Seems after the 5th fill up between smart 2 weeks and comfort 2 weeks it averages to the same around 21mpg

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I tested today 2T and didn't like the performance. Child didn't like the ride also. Tried all: smart, sport, comfort - almost got the same result, kinda not much difference. Also, concerned high milage shown on the screen, average was 12.7l/100km,,,,kinda too much, my 11 years old truck has the same with 6 speed auto.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah. I tried the 2.4 and the 2.0. I noticed a difference in the pickup in the 2.0 but they both drove great to me. My only complaint on the car is that i wish that there was a dedicated Eco mode which I saw in past pictures it looked like it had one and that the gas mileage was better. Looking at other cars with similar and slightly more powerful engines they somehow get an average 26/31 mpg and Hyundai gets 21/25. Maybe the Eco mode is only for cars in Canada or Europe by looking at the gauge cluster temp/speed.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,637 Posts
I rarely use the word, but Hyundai’s mpg statistics suck.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Canada doesn't have it, at least my dealer couldn't confirm it. It is only for European santa as I saw!

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,637 Posts
I rarely use the word, but Hyundai’s mpg statistics suck.
Despite this truism I just bought a ‘19 2.0 Ultimate. Too many other great features to ignore.

·
Registered
233 Posts
the manual is out of date compared to the actual dash. there is no "normal" mode, there is "comfort", "sport" and "smart".
I was puttering around town and put it into sport - there is a difference. Longer to upshift, faster shifts, AWD is in 50-50 mode and the dash gets all red and aggressive looking.

smart mode is interesting. It displays a green "smart" when you drive like grandma. Get a bit aggressive and it turns blue (comfort mode) and will stay there a bit depending on what you do.
if it turns red, then it thinks your driving like a nut and puts it into sport mode.

if you put it into sport mode it will default to "comfort" next time you start. "smart" mode will stick as will "comfort"

·
Registered
276 Posts
the manual is out of date compared to the actual dash. there is no "normal" mode, there is "comfort", "sport" and "smart".
I was puttering around town and put it into sport - there is a difference. Longer to upshift, faster shifts, AWD is in 50-50 mode and the dash gets all red and aggressive looking.

smart mode is interesting. It displays a green "smart" when you drive like grandma. Get a bit aggressive and it turns blue (comfort mode) and will stay there a bit depending on what you do.
if it turns red, then it thinks your driving like a nut and puts it into sport mode.

if you put it into sport mode it will default to "comfort" next time you start. "smart" mode will stick as will "comfort"
After noticing the slight vibration around 50mph on my 2T, I switched to sport mode to see if it also had the vibration.
You mentioned that there was a difference.

That's an understatement in my opinion. I found a huge difference in the feel of the gears and yes it shifts much quicker off the start. I didn't feel the vibration cruising at 50 mph but the most noticeable difference was that the rpm's were consistently over 2,000. 2,500 at 45 mph vs 1,500 in smart mode which I found to be a huge difference, like it wanted to shift again but couldn't because I wasn't accelerating enough. Unless someone tells me different, I'm attributing the slight vibration I'm feeling at 50mph in smart mode to the way the gears are set up. It's not the tires because if I accelerate or let off the gas the vibration goes away.

I don't see much in the manual regarding the sport mode, RPM's and gear shifts unless I missed it. I certainly don't like it especially with the higher RPM's at the same speeds compared to the other modes.

I would really like to hear others feedback concerning my observation to see if they are experiencing the same thing or something totally different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts