Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else waiting on there refund to drop some $$$ into there car? Lol I know I am, finally getting my roof wrapped in a gloss black vinyl and covert my new foglights and low beams into HIDS, I'm thinking going the 6k in both. What you guys think??

Also just got a new phone GS4 how do I sign in using the auto guides app??

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
ME!!! lol I have to get the wifey a car but after that Im debating on the Ixion kit but Im definitely getting a Lip spoiler and some springs.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Anyone else waiting on there refund to drop some $$$ into there car? Lol I know I am, finally getting my roof wrapped in a gloss black vinyl and covert my new foglights and low beams into HIDS,
Wow, you must either be wealthy, retired with money to burn and single to take a tax refund (Gov had your money all year) and put it into an asset (not a repair or maintenance outlay) that is worth less every day you own it. Sorry, you are pouring money down the drain but if you can sleep better at night than do it!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Wow, you must either be wealthy, retired with money to burn and single to take a tax refund (Gov had your money all year) and put it into an asset (not a repair or maintenance outlay) that is worth less every day you own it. Sorry, you are pouring money down the drain but if you can sleep better at night than do it!
There are quite a few people that like to modify their car (personalize) even though they know it does nothing for the resale price on our cars... many people invest $1000's of their saved money but that doesn't mean they are wasting it. Money is only wasted when the one that spends it feels it is.

It's freedom of speech on forums to criticize or praise but those that criticize an idea of others without seeing the results come off as ignorant and best keep their opinions to themselves.

tmmyers, the idea sounds good... the black gloss roof will look great with the silver finish, you should do the mirrors in black too.. but instead of using 6k fogs why not go 3k? when I had them on mine they were bright! im using 8k on mine now but they cant compare to the brightness of my old 3ks....

looking forward to the results~

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To each its own.... that's all I'm gonna say.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are quite a few people that like to modify their car (personalize) even though they know it does nothing for the resale price on our cars... many people invest $1000's of their saved money but that doesn't mean they are wasting it. Money is only wasted when the one that spends it feels it is.

It's freedom of speech on forums to criticize or praise but those that criticize an idea of others without seeing the results come off as ignorant and best keep their opinions to themselves.

tmmyers, the idea sounds good... the black gloss roof will look great with the silver finish, you should do the mirrors in black too.. but instead of using 6k fogs why not go 3k? when I had them on mine they were bright! im using 8k on mine now but they cant compare to the brightness of my old 3ks....

looking forward to the results~
Thanks brother, I thought of doing the mirrors also but think I'm gonna stick with the roof for now, by buddy that owns a car tint audio shop is trying to convince me to do the roof trunk and hood... lol that's way too much.
As for the hids you have 3k in your fogs? Are they the yellowish fogs? I'm still up in the air on the set up I wanna do.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Your avatar matches the tone of your reply.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
T but that doesn't mean they are wasting it. Money is only wasted when the one that spends it feels it is.

I did say that if he sleeps better at night than go for it and if he does sleep well than he does not feel he is wasting his money.

Viewing the results of modifying this car will not make me more intelligent, nor feel that it is money well spent. Now perhaps it was rude to comment but sometimes people need a dose of reality!!!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
tymmers, you can actually just plastidip the mirrors and also the silver surround by the fogs... looks better in black!

I HAD 3k in the fogs but changed them to 8k because I got bored with them lol. Sometimes I do wish that I didn't change to 8k and kept them 3k.... they were way brighter and looked pretty good... I think I got a vid of them somewhere.... 3k HID's in stock housing... I believe they are H7 bulbs.... you might need to go canbus with the fogs though as I bought a reg. HID kit before but they flickered, then changed to canbus ballasts and they didn't...

I hear some can use reg. HID some need canbus.... kinda weird.

And DONT do the hood, and trunk.... that wont look good.... it MIGHT though if you'd do 1/4 of the top black as in hood, roof, trunk, and along the top half of the car... cut off above the door handles.... give it an old VIP car style :D

And arm, how about those that spent 5-10k extra into their cars, aka merf, lil, me, Yoshi, effer, and a few others.... you calling us unreasonable ("stupid" bluntly put according to your words) ?

how about the people that participate in the SEMA shows? or those that do auto X, or drag racing, or motorsports? Tokyo Auto salon? I guess everyone ages 16-35 are "stupid" according to your logic.

Our "dose of reality" are the compliments we get through our efforts and the praise for the uniqueness of making a "bland family car" into something more...

·
Registered
433 Posts
The roof wrap would be nice to see since you don't have a sunroof. I think black wrap looks goofy with the glass in the middle. Even the gloss black doesn't match the gloss of the sunroof.

Myself, being 32 and married with a house & paying off credit cards & my car, am past putting extra $$ into my cars for stuff like that though. If I put $$ in my car, it will be for better quality parts when needed like tires, rotors & pads, cleaners & sealants, etc... There was a time though... :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anyone else waiting on there refund to drop some $$$ into there car? Lol I know I am, finally getting my roof wrapped in a gloss black vinyl and covert my new foglights and low beams into HIDS, I'm thinking going the 6k in both. What you guys think??

Also just got a new phone GS4 how do I sign in using the auto guides app??
You will probably do it your own way, but I put 4300k HID headlight conversion in my Sonata for $40 installed. Here is a pic. The LED headlights were $230, so I paid $270 for everything.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cpucqy4ltwheeh/HID 4300k with LED_2.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kifylwheuf9wmsb/HID 4300k with LED.jpg

·
Registered
210 Posts
I did say that if he sleeps better at night than go for it and if he does sleep well than he does not feel he is wasting his money.

Viewing the results of modifying this car will not make me more intelligent, nor feel that it is money well spent. Now perhaps it was rude to comment but sometimes people need a dose of reality!!!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

Seriously man. MOST car specific forums are for modifying. Why not go into every build thread and rain on their parade as well? Have fun driving your bone stock grocery getter. For a lot of people the tax refund is seen as a way to treat themselves after a long year of work. dont taint someone else's happiness.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Most Americans are horrible with money. An interest free loan that they get back is better than blowing it through the year and not having the money to pay in they owe.

I pay in 30 dollars this year for what it's worth.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts